Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content
Image © Sue Hasker

Came & Company

Core Covers

The following core covers are included as standard:

Officials’ Indemnity 

This cover is essential for legal liability claims arising from financial loss as a result of a negligent act, error or omission committed in good faith by any employee or official of the council. 

Libel and Slander 

This cover provides protection against a verbal or written comment, made by the council, which a member of the public considers to be incorrect or damaging, and as a result seeks financial compensation. 

Fidelity Guarantee 

This provides covers against acts of fraud or dishonesty of any official of the council, or a number of officials in collusion, along with the loss of property. The Council must hold references for the clerk and the signatories.

Commercial Legal Expenses 

This provides protection for the councillors or clerk, acting in their capacity as officials for the council, against the cost of potential commercial legal disputes, legal advice and representation – including employment, tax and contract disputes.

Personal Accident 

Our personal accident section covers employees, councillors and volunteers up to the age of 90*. For example, if you have an accident whilst on council business and no one is at fault, this will cover loss of income up to the policy limits if you are unable to work. *Cover for people over the age of 80 is restricted to Death or Permanent Injury.

Public Liability 

Any socially responsible council which owns property should have this indemnity limit during times of increasing litigation. This will provide protection against your legal liability for bodily injury to third parties and damage to their property occurring on property owned by the council or property for which the council is legally responsible as a direct result of the council’s negligence. 

Hirers’ Indemnity 

This covers legal liability for hirers (non commercial small groups or individuals) of council property should injury or damage occur during the period of the hire. 

Employers ’ Liability 

This covers the legal liability of the local council for negligence following death or bodily injury or disease sustained by employees, councillors and volunteers during and arising out of their employment, including corporate manslaughter and homicide. If the council has employees then employers’ liability is a legal requirement. 

Money Cover is Included

Our money cover provides for loss of money belonging to the council when carried by employees (for example to and from the bank); in night safes for loss of money; safes and small amounts of cash at principal employees homes, together with personal accident assault cover for persons aged between 16 – 80. 

Increased Cost of Working 

Should the council incur additional expenditure as the result of a claim from an insured event (for example, having to rent office space following a claim at council-owned premises). We automatically provide cover up to £10,000, reducing the financial impact for the council.

Loss of Revenue 

Loss of revenue provides cover following a claim from an insured event under the property damage cover. For example if a property owned by the council is seriously damaged by an insured event and the revenue usually generated is curtailed during repairs, this cover will reimburse the loss of revenue up to the sum insured. 

Property is covered on an all risks basis anywhere in the European Union. Theft and accidental damage is included as standard. Subsidence cover is also available if required.  

Whether you are an existing client of Came & Company looking to discuss our core cover offering or wish to switch from your exisiting insurance provider, please call us on 01256 395020 or email via local.councils@cameandcompany.co.uk and we will be happy to help.