Mr Fire Safety Ltd
Everyone has a responsibility to the environment. In our view, it is vital that even small businesses do everything they can to protect our environment for future generations.
Mr Fire Safety Ltd is committed to minimising the impact of our activities on the environment.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
Mr Fire Safety Ltd is not a waste producer as defined by The Waste (England and Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2012. However, some of our suppliers use packaging which we then need to dispose of in an appropriate manner.
We have therefore applied the “waste hierarchy” as required by Regulation 12 of The Waste (England and Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2011. Because we are not manufacturers, our place in the hierarchy sits firmly within “re-use” and “recycle”.
To this end, we have engaged a Registered third party contractor to remove our general and cardboard waste, to sort it, and to recycle as much as possible. Our contractor sends 0% of waste to landfill.
We also send all “returned” steel fire extinguishers to the manufacturers for recycling.
Copies of waste transfer notices can be provided to customers on request.
All Mr Fire Safety Ltd vehicles are able to travel within the Transport for London Low Emissions zone. This means our vans have an un-laden weight of less than 1.205 Tonnes to 3.5 Tonnes gross vehicle weight and were registered as new after 1 Jan 2002.
We use diesel engine vehicles which minimise harmful emissions. Diesel engines aren't just more fuel-efficient; they also produce less carbon dioxide (CO2) than petrol engines.
We also believe it is important to reduce our environmental impact by sourcing goods and services within our local area whenever possible.
Distribution creates emissions; we therefore assess whether direct delivery from suppliers to customers creates fewer emissions.
· Mr Fire Safety Ltd fire risk assessments consider property protection, not just life safety, and help our clients to manage and mitigate environmental damage from fire.
· Supply 75% of our fire risk assessment documents by electronic means, saving on valuable resources including paper and ink.
· 90% of our advertising is by digital means, email, social media etc.
· Use ozone friendly cleaning products.
· Use low hazard adhesives.
· Use low energy lighting.
· Use minimal amounts of heat.
· We re-use part used fire extinguishers in training scenarios.
· Our training scenarios use gas flame devices rather than burning combustible carbonaceous materials.