New Life Beauty
Eyelash extension treatment
Eyelash extensions are a semi permanent treatment. An individual lash is glued to one of you own natural lashes. It is great for a special occasion. It can make fine, thin eyelashes look full, long and fluttery. I can offer blue, black or brown lashes in different curls and lengths. The treatment usually takes around an hour and a half, possibly longer.
Firstly, all eye make up needs to be removed with a non oil based make up remover. Then the bottom lashes will be taped down. I then comb through your natural lashes and begin to gently add the extensions. The lashes will take a little while to get used to and you must treat them gently.
Please ensure to follow the aftercare as best you can to help the lashes last as long as possible.
- Do not allow water/steam to come into contact with the lashes for 48hrs.
- Do not perm eyelash extensions.
- Do not use a mechanical eyelash curler on lashes.
- Do not rub the eyes when washing face.
- Be gentle with your lashes.
- Only very gently pat lashes dry if required.
- Do not use mascara or makeup remover on them.
- Do not pick, pull or rub at your lashes.
- Avoid any creams, eye makeup removers, lotions, sunscreens or cleansers containing oils on or near eyelashes as oils can loosen the bond of lash extensions.
- It is normal for the client to experience the loss of a few lashes during the first 24hrs after the application.
The hair growth cycle is approximately 6-8wks and marvel-lashes will inevitably shed with the clients own lashes. It is recommended therefore that a 2-3 weekly maintenance treatment is performed to top up any shed lashes and to keep the lashes looking their best!
Contra-indications that prevent an eye treatment from being carried out
- Virul infections.
- Bruising to the area.
- Reaction to a patch test for glue.