Useful Contacts and Information:
- Abdon website: Web Manager - email: email@example.com
- Abdon Village Hall: Secretary Penny Unitt - 01746 712530, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Margaret's Church, Abdon: Church Warden Margaret Buckingham - 01746 712296, email: email@example.com
- Abdon and Heath Parish Council: Clerk Wendy Richards - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abdon and Heath Parish Council marquee for hire: Helen Price - email: email@example.com
- Member of Parliament: Philip Dunne (Ludlow Constituency) - 54 Broad Street, Ludlow, Tel: 01584 872187, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shropshire Councillor: Cecilia Motley, (Councillor for Corvedale) - email@example.com
- Report a power failure - contact EON 0800 3281111
- Report a pothole or problem with the roads - contact Shropshire Council 0345 6789006
- The Corvedale News - our monthly community magazine full of useful information. Contact Margaret Buckingham for your copy, Tel: 01746 712296, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B&B, holiday cottages and livery, Tugford Farm http://www.tugford.com/
- Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6ND. For all your local services.
- Tel: 0345 6789000, www.shropshire.gov.uk
- Church Stretton Police Station, Sandford Avenue, Church Stretton, SY6 6AZ.
- Call 101 (always call 999 for emergencies).
- Website: https://westmercia.police.uk/article/2145/Church-Stretton-and-Craven-Arms
- Brown Clee Medical Practice, Stations Road, Ditton Priors,
- Tel: 01746 712672, www.browncleesurgery.com
- See document attached below for extended opening hours.
- What to do when your GP Practice is closed - For anyone who needs urgent medical help or advice they can call NHS 111 for free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or they can access the service online at 111.nhs.uk. Your pharmacist will be able to give you free advice on minor conditions and over-the-counter treatments. You can also download the NHS App to check symptoms, book GP appointments during normal opening hours, and request repeat prescriptions. We can all help ourselves stay well by making sure we have the essentials to treat minor coughs, colds and sore throats ready, to hand in our medicine cabinets. Please remember, as well as looking after yourself, to pop in and check on your elderly family, friends and neighbours too. For pharmacy opening times in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin click here www.nhs.uk For more information on what you can do to stay well this winter, please visit: www.nhs.uk/staywell.
- Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
- Princess Royal Hospital, Telford
- Brown Clee primary school - Ditton Priors www.brownclee.shropshire.sch.uk
- Corvedale primary school - Diddlebury
- Bridgnorth Endowed School - Bridgnorth
- Oldbury Wells school - Bridgnorth
- Ludlow School - Ludlow
- William Brooks School - Much Wenlock
- Church Stretton School - Church Stretton
- Lacon Childe School - Cleobury Mortimer
For details of schools, admissions, transport, term dates etc. visit the Shropshire Council website http://www.shropshire.gov.uk/schools/
Online Planning Register:
- http://planningpa.shropshire.gov.uk/online-applications/ - view planning applications online. Just type 'Abdon' or other location / postcode into the search.
Shropshire Community Directory:
- The Shropshire Community Directory is home to a comprehensive database with up-to-date information on community groups, clubs, societies and organisations. All the local information you need at your fingertips. The Shropshire Community Directory is produced by Shropshire Council, Shropshire Care Information Providers and Self Help Shropshire.
Pick up the phone you are not alone:
- Shropshire and Telford suicide prevention network. Please see the guidance card attached below. If things are getting to you talk to the Samaritans 116 123 FREE confidential listening and support for everyone.
Changes to The Carers Emergency Response Service:
- (CERS) delivered by Carers Trust 4 All (now known as Crossroads Together) has ceased from 1st January 2020. Carers in an emergency situation that affects their caring responsibilities are advised to contact Shropshire Council’s First Point of Contact – 03456 789044 during office hours and the Emergency Duty Team - 03456 789040 for emergencies out of office hours. We will use the resources we already have in place to offer appropriate support, doing everything we can to ensure people can stay safe and well at home. Crossroads Together will continue to deliver carer support services. An FAQ sheet has been drafted and will be forwarded shortly. Information is also on Shropshire Choices – I care for someone else https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/shropshire-choices/caring-for-someone-else/
Severn Trent Community Fund:
- Severn Trent will give away more than 10 million pounds to charities and community groups (including parish councils) over the next 5 years. The project criteria are: People: Projects that help people to lead a healthier life and gain new skills. Places: Ideas that help create better places to live in and use. Environment: schemes that will look after the natural environment, give people greater access to that environment or help look after water and also encouraged are projects that have a link to water some way, such as river restoration, flood alleviation or sustainable drainage. For further information: www.stwater.co.uk/communityfund
Marquee for hire:
- Abdon and Heath Parish Council - Marquee for hire.
If you would like to add an item to this website please email email@example.com