- Promote educational, community and musical links between West Africa and the UK.
Purchase land in The Gambia, and assist a local community in building a permanent nursery school for the education of the children age 3 – 7, who would not otherwise have access to education.
- Assist with the costs of building the school and the maintenance thereof.
Assist with the funding of staff.
- Work with a local community, including the elders and parents, to develop further educational facilities according to identified need.
Establish links between primary schools in the UK and the nursery school that is built by Afrikaya, in order to promote educational, cultural and musical exchange between the two countries.
- Help with the development of the nursery school teaching and administrative staff in order to provide better education for the local children.
Establish accommodation within the school's catchment area to promote:
Educational exchanges between children and teaching staff from the UK
Cultural exchanges for children and adults from black African groups, and other BME groups, in the UK.
- Dance and music training for visitors to the local community.