Vacancy for a Parish Councillor
Ampfield Parish Council
A casual vacancy has arisen on Ampfield Parish Council. The seat will be up for election in May 2023, but the Council may fill it by co-option for the time remaining before the election.
Read about our areas of responsibility here on our website.
Here is a summary of the necessary qualifications, which are given in detail on the Electoral Commission guidance :
You are a British or Commonwealth citizen, at least 18 years old AND at least one of the following:
- You are an elector in the parish of Ampfield; or
- You have owned or rented land or premises in the parish of Ampfield for at least the preceding 12 months*; or
- Your main work is within the parish of Ampfield; or
- You resided in the parish of Ampfield for at least the preceding 12 months*; or
- You resided within 3 miles of the parish of Ampfield for at least the preceding 12 months*
(*from the date of appointment)
If you are interested in being selected, please contact the Clerk in writing to confirm that you are qualified to stand, and include a summary of your relevant skills and experience. You will also need to attend the Meeting of Ampfield Parish Council on 13 March 2023, at which the appointment will be made. Canvasing of existing councillors will disqualify you from appointment.
Kate Orange, Clerk to Ampfield Parish Council
12 February 2023
Kate Orange (Clerk to Council)
- 07922 118840
Find Ampfield Parish Council
2 The Square, Braishfield Road, Ampfield, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 0PQ