Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Minute - 8 January 2019

ARDINGTON AND LOCKINGE PARISH COUNCIL

A&L (2019)1

 

MINUTES of the Meeting of the Parish Council held in the Loyd Lindsay Rooms, High Street, Ardington, OX12 8PS at 7.00 p.m. on Tuesday 8 January 2019.

Present: Councillors: Ronald East, Paul Gibbs, Nicola Hancock, John Hedgecock, Derek Morrow and Hugh Roberts (Chair).

                 County Councillor: Michael Fox-Davis.

Clerk: Clive Knights. 

Apologies: District Councillor, Michael Murray, PCSO, Tim Dean and School Governor Nicola Merry.

 

1.      There were no declarations of interest and no hospitality had been received or offered. There were no changes needed to the Registers of Interests.

2.      Matters raised by residents present.  The marquee at Ardington House seemed to have become a permanent structure.  ACTION 1.1 The Clerk, following advice from Paul Gibbs, would establish whether or not a planning application was required for the marquee and also for the building works on the south side of the house.

3.      Matters Arising from the Meeting of the Parish Council on Tuesday, 13 November 2018 and approval of the Minutes.  All the actions had been taken.  There was no back-up plan for a loss of water supply in A&L.  In the event of a cloudy supply, water should not be used until the cloudiness had settled.  The hose pipe ban had created problems for gardeners.  The heavy load on the water supply from the dairy has been ended by the provision of a direct supply from Thames Water.  ACTION 1.2 The Clerk to suggest to Lockinge Estate that in an emergency this supply from Thames Water could be made available to residents in the villages by way of collection from a collection point by residents or some other means that may be acceptable to the Estate.  The “Watch Your Speed” signs had been laminated and were in place but needed stiffening and anchoring more firmly. ACTION 1.3 The Clerk and Ron East to provide this stiffening and a better attachment.  The trip to the street light at 2 Well Street been reset but the light was no longer working.  ACTION 1.4 The Clerk (a) to attend to this light again and (b) pursue with Lockinge Estate tracing the fault at 38A East Lockinge which was preventing the street light near the Fire Engine house from lighting.  The Clerk had failed to locate the trip outside the house in the presence of the occupier.  ACTION 1.5 The Clerk to continue to try to establish an electrical supply to the street light outside the playground.  He had reset the trip at Nigel Baring’s house but this did not establish an electrical supply.  The Clerk had one quotation for painting the street lights but would seek others from Alfred Hall and from Simon Scott, ACTION 1.6 The Clerk.  Four organisations had not responded to a request to check the electrical safety of the street lights.  ACTION 1.7 The Clerk to contact Causeway at Steventon.  ACTION 1.8 Nicola Hancock to continue the work she had done already to set up a Facebook page for the Parish Council, with assistance from John Hedgecock.   All four salt bins had been filled.  The objections to the reservoir had been sent.  ACTION 1.9 Paul Gibbs agreed to continue to build the case for roundabouts, particularly at Grove Park Drive, and send it to Mike Fox-Davis to pass to Jason Sherwood and (b) acquire accident information, if necessary using the Freedom of Information Act; there had not been a response in a month.  The Minutes were accepted by Parish Councillors as a true record and signed by the Chair.

4.      Reports. 

County Councillor’s Report:  A written report had been sent and had been circulated by the Clerk a day before the meeting.  Next year OCC plan a £6 million expenditure on care packages.  Mental health provision would benefit from the £20 million from the Health Minister.  Special educational needs would continue to be offered at Northfield, a reprieve.  Cllr. Fox-Davis had pushed successfully for a motion that a developer in Harwell should repair the damage to Grove Road.  He thanked Paul Gibbs for the statement objecting to the reservoir.  MP Ed Vaisey now fully supported a Public Enquiry for the Steventon Reservoir. The PC would welcome the opportunity to support the continuation of the Community Fund. 

Clerk’s Report. The Clerk had replaced a bulb at 61 West Lockinge, Tom King had repaired the seat on the High Street, East Lockinge.  The Clerk had picked litter within A&L but not the roads leading to the A417, which would be done, ACTION 1.10 The Clerk.  ACTION 1.11 The Clerk to chase restoration of the bus stop at the Ardington Turn through OCC’s David Bellchamber.  The Chairman reported that Thomas Loyd had undertaken to remind Nigel Hutt to draw up a proposal for a new bus shelter at the Ardington turn on a site approved by Mr Bellchamber.

 

5.      Finance.  Parish Councillors approved the provisional budget, agreed a Precept 4% higher at £8,070 and approved payments already made to Caledonia Play (£2,691.00 Ex 18) and to Tom King (£70.00 Ex 19)..  Parish Councillors approved payments at this meeting for Clerk’s payments of £212 #for both January and March by Standing Order 1, and payments of the Clerk’s income tax of £53.00 # (Ex 3) for both January and March,  ACTION 1.12 The Clerk to submit the Precept request and make the outstanding payments #.

6.      Planning.  The PC were not competent, and so did not comment on the planning application for Crab Hill P18/V2971/RM for the construction of a school, sports pitches and parks.

7.      Annual Parish Meeting (APM) and Annual Meeting of the Parish Council (AMPC).  Parish Councillors decided to hold these two meeting on the same evening.  Christine Lisi would be asked to give a talk hopefully on Tuesday 14 May 2019 but another evening if this was not possible.  ACTION 1.13 The Clerk.

8.      Playground.  The new swing was in place, the children’s swing had a new top beam and there was a new balance beam and post.  The hedge had been cut.  ACTION 1.14 The Clerk (a) to arrange the painting of the train seats, (b) the replacement the train’s rotten timber and (c) the possible pinning down of the matting below the new swing.

9.      Items for Trumpeter and Estate News.  ACTION 1.15 The Clerk (a) to add the regular notices about the next Parish Council meeting, (b) a note about the PC’s Facebook entry, supplied by Nicky Hancock, and (c) a note about building the case for improving access to the A417 during the rush hours, supplied by Paul Gibbs.

10.  Date of next meeting. 7.00 pm. Tuesday 12 March in Loyd Lindsay Rooms.

11.  Subsequent meetings: at 7.00 pm on Tuesdays in 2019 on 14 May, 9 July, 10 September and 12 November.

 

Signed as a true record,

 

 

 

Chair               Date: 12 March 2019.

 

Distribution: Ron East, Paul Gibbs, Nicola Hancock, John Hedgecock, Derek Morrow and Sir Hugh R