Basingstoke Voluntary Action
Serving the Borough since 1965
Our mission is to support and empower voluntary action to deliver sustained benefits for Basingstoke and Deane and its diverse communities.
- To pro-actively identify needs in the local community and facilitate improvement in service provision to meet those needs.
- To assist local voluntary and community organisations (VCO) to function more effectively and deliver quality services to their users, members of constituents.
- To facilitate effective communication or networking and collaboration amongst local voluntary and community groups.
- To enable the diverse views of the local voluntary and community sector to be represented to external bodies
- To assist with embedding the sector as an integral part of local planning and policy making.
- To support and increase the quality, quantity, impact and accessibility of volunteering locally.
- To maximise BVA effectiveness, efficiency and quality of services.
Our vision is a strong, vibrant, creative and diverse voluntary and community sector (VCS) meeting the needs of Basingstoke and Deane’s local communities that choose Basingstoke Voluntary Action as its main provider of development services
Basingstoke Voluntary Action (BVA) is a member of the National Association for Voluntary and Community Action (NAVCA) that collectively form a network of local charities offering support and development services to the Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) across the UK.