Beech Village Hall
The original building which became Beech Village Hall started life in 1894 as a printing works operated by Messrs Vaus and Crampton, and is that structure that currently accommodates the bar-lounge, kitchen and cloakrooms. In 1909 a private buyer acquired the premises and in 1931 sold the property, by then known as “Hedge Grove”, to Beech resident Nellie Asser for £450. A year later Mrs Asser transferred the property to the village for use as a village hall. Around 1960 General Morgan Owen bequeathed the recreation ground to the village and both amenities are managed on behalf of the village by the Beech Village Hall & Recreation Ground Charitable Trust.
Phase 1 of the project is complete, being the construction of a new wing housing the new main hall, together with the complete refurbishment and re-equipping of the old hall as a bar, kitchen and cloakrooms.
Phase 2, for which fund-raising is about to begin, includes modernising the original meeting and storage rooms and toilets (now separated from the main part of the building) and establishing a new kitchenette.