What we do
Many of you will be aware that every December we accompany Father Christmas and his sleigh as he visits Boroughbridge and the surrounding villages. This is our biggest fund raising activity of the year.
We also organise the annual Family Cycle Day which is usually held in June but due to COVID-19 we have had to postpone it - we're hoping to hold it later in the year. This event attracts many participants who cycle from Boroughbridge to Great Ouseburn and back.
In addition to this we help other organisations by:
- marshalling at their events such as the Knaresborough Bed Race, Great Yorkshire Bike Ride, Boroughbridge Ghost Walk
- supporting charities on their collection days eg Marie Curie, CLIC Sargent
- helping distribute food parcels for Bread of Life Ripon Foodbank
We are very grateful to the many volunteers who help us with our events such as Boroughbridge Guides, Boroughbridge Scouts, the Young Farmers and our friends and families. Their help is invaluable.
In addition to the practical help we get from the people mentioned above we get a huge amount of sponsorship and raffle prizes etc from the local businesses/shops - again we are very grateful for their support.
We also hold several social events throughout the year.
The majority of monies raised by the Club are put back into our local community to help deserving individuals, families, clubs and organisations. Over the last 12 months we have helped the following:
- Boroughbridge Community Care - £1000 donation to help them in the fantastic work they are doing supporting those in need in our local community during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Boroughbridge High School - bursary
- Boroughbridge Bowling Club - contribution towards sprinkler system
- Bread of Life Food Bank, Ripon
- Various Boroughbridge 'Families in need'
- Royal British Legion, Boroughbridge
- Boroughbridge Disability football club
- Student from Aldbrough helping disadvantaged children in Samoa during his gap year
- Boroughbridge Feathers Badminton club - equipment
- Shaun Lee Johnstone Fund
- Boroughbridge Primary school - assistance for school trips
- Marton cum Grafton Church
- Boroughbridge Scouts attending the WSC Jamboree
- Swaledale Flood Fund
- “I Choose Life Foundation” which helps raise awareness of mental health issues
- CLIC Sargent (the UK's leading cancer charity for children, young people and their families)- we collected over £1100 on their behalf