Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Coronavirus

Sources of Help

• Maidstone Council has set up a Community Hub to support the most vulnerable (see below)
  • KCC has launched a support service called Kent Together (see below)
  •  

Message from Kent County Council

We continue to face a huge challenge from COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and its impact on our lives and work. We are committed to ensuring we continue to deliver services - though we recognise that, in these challenging times, some of these will be affected as we follow government advice.

There’s lots of information on the KCC website including:

Kent Together has been set up to help with*:

• Making sure I have enough food and other general supplies to cover a few days
  • Picking up a prescription
  • Phoning, Skyping or Facetiming me to see a friendly face
  • Making sure I have some simple recipes to hand
  • Preparing meals for the freezer
  • Walking my dog
  • Putting out the bins
  • Taking in a parcel
  • Checking if any of my planned appointments have been cancelled before I travel

The Kent Together helpline is being coordinated by Kent County Council, feeding information through to the network of volunteers, district and borough council teams and local support groups. People’s needs will be assessed, and staff will liaise with Community Hubs in the districts to prioritise those who need urgent help. It is helping people get the support they need, when they need it.

Requests can be made online at www.kent.gov.uk/KentTogether or you can call us on 03000 41 92 92 (Text Relay 18001 03000 41 92 92. D/deaf BSL users can text KCC’s Sensory Services team on 07920 154 315 for help making a request).

Service updates
Many of our services have changed due to the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic. Further changes are likely as we move out of the worst of the pandemic and the rules on social distancing change. Check their current status on our Services Update page or look through our Your Questions Answered page for more detailed information.

Keep in touch
Follow us on TwitterFacebookInstagram and LinkedIn for the latest updates and information. You can also subscribe to receive Kent County Council information and updates by email.

How you can help
Support for voluntary groups and individuals is being offered by district and borough councils across Kent communities. Find out more about volunteering. Of course, the most important way we can all help prevent the spread of coronavirus is to follow the government’s instructions on staying alert and safe (social distancing).

Taking care of yourself
We understand that coronavirus has created uncertainty and the constant news can feel overwhelming. You may be adjusting to a different way of life, with children off school and many people working from home as well as not seeing family, friends and colleagues. Have a look at our tips on
how to keep yourself well.

Schools and education
Schools and other educational settings are closed for most children. Our
education questions and answers on how this is affecting schools in Kent provides some helpful local information to supplement the government’s information for parents and carers.  

Beware of scams
Whilst COVID-19 has brought out the best in the vast majority of people, unfortunately, there are also some people who are seeking to exploit the situation for personal gain. Please check our scam alerts page for the latest information on how to spot and protect yourself from scams.

Supporting local businesses
Our COVID-19 information page for Kent businesses brings together a range of useful links for businesses to help them through the pandemic, as well as information on business scams and Kent Trading Standards advice videos. We also have a section for business on our COVID19 “Your Questions Answered page.

Sources of Advice

Parish Support Scheme

The emergency plan committee are putting together a plan to help the elderly if they are confined to their homes and do not have the benefit of family support.

Please Email the Parish Council Clerk, Chris Hume, if you or anyone you know is likely to need assistance through this emergency, and give your or your friend’s name, address, telephone number and Email address so that we can compile a register.

If you do not have internet access you can telephone Chris, but please only if you do not have the Internet.

The Email address is   boughtonmalherbepc@gmail.com

The telephone number is 01622 432 829.

M  07972 630555

Please watch the Boughton Malherbe Parish Council website for any announcements.