Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 4,000 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the third tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above. We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 27th November:
- Parish Council Meeting Agenda (amended) - 2nd December
- Unapproved Planning Committee Minutes - 25th November
- Unapproved Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 4th November
- Well-being A to Z - Safeguarding Statement
- Fit for the Future - Specialist hospital services public consultation
- Have your say on CDC services - 2021/22 budget consultation
- Payments List - 4th November
- Youth & Well-being Committee Minutes - 21st October
- Village Environment Committee Minutes - 14th October
- Highways Committee Minutes - 12th October
- COVID-19 Prevention Action - Gloucestershire County Council
- COVID-19 Testing Unit Locations
- Safe & Well visits - Glos Fire & Rescue Service
- Social Distancing Scheme
- Community Emergency Plan
- Proposed New Parking Restrictions
- Community Centre Bulletin - January 2020
- Cllr Robin Daniel - Tribute
- Revised Byelaws - 13th May 2019
- Changes for Recycling Centres
- Winter Weather article
- Notes from Public Meeting on Neighbourhood & Community Plans
- Chat Health - Text messaging service for Young People
- Response from Martin Surl re anti-social behaviour
- Power Cut Information - Western Power
- Parking on the Village Green
- Thames Water - new contact number for reporting surface and foul water network problems
- Reporting of Highway-related issues to GCC