Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Notice Board

N.Y.B.L.  2021 Season New's

(Below is an e mail received from the N.Y.B.L. Hon Sec)

Dear All, first of all I hope you are all well and that you have all received this e-mail as I have had to rejig from Outlook 2013 to the new Windows 10 version which I find a pain! Please let me know you have received this with a quick response before you get into the detail of what I and the Management Committee are trying to achieve for the coming summer.

Now we have an outline of what might happen in the coming months, assuming everyone behaves themselves, then it will probably be possible to get some competitive bowling going provided there is an appetite for it and this is the main reason for this early communication to yourselves and of course your Clubs and members.

What I am about to set out is by no way set in stone but as you can imagine before we can get down to the detail for the coming season I feel we need to gauge whether Clubs are able to have sufficient players available to enable some semblance of normality,re League fixtures, can be achieved and then work out a plan and this is where you can be of great help.

At present I envisage we could play half of the League fixtures from June 21st at 2 games / week with possibly some byes and finish late in August. Under the current Government proposals there is no way a full season can go ahead! Secondly, if there is sufficient demand, we could carry out all the League Competitions, which normally begin at the start of June and have a Finals Day nearer the end of the season as well as the Champion of Champions competition from 2020.

Before planning can be discussed what we need from your Clubs is an indication that you will be able to have enough players to fulfil the fixtures from June 21st so that planning can take place accordingly. So please can you get in touch with as many members as you can over the next 3 weeks and then let myself know, preferably by e-mail what your Club situation is likely to be so we can all work together to try to get back to the game we all enjoy taking part in. The sooner this is done the better as quite a bit of work will need to be done once we have this information. I know many of you may have had a tough time this past year and may have members who are reluctant to get back to bowling straight away and sadly some of our friends and members are no longer with us but I personally feel getting back together on our greens will be beneficial to many of us despite what has occured.

By the way if you have lost members over the past year or so, please let me know as I am compiling a list for the next time we all can congregate together. So, the onus is now on you to establish whether your members are itching to get involved or not,

stay safe,

Regards,
Malcolm McNulty,  Hon.Sec. NYBL

Cleveland League Update

(Below is the latest info from the Cleveland League Fixtures Secretary)

Hi all,

After some discussion, the call has been make to run The half Season League, Starting on the week commencing 21st June.

In this half season League each team will play each other only once, Home or away as it was set out in the orignal fixtures.

I will be sending out the fixtures when I know that all the teams are playing .

No need to tell me if your are playing , only let me know if your team are dropping out.

Corona Virus Update

Below is an e mail with information about the 2021 Cleveland League Bowling season.

Cleveland Bowling League News  

As like all Committees we have not been able to meet face to face,  but have kept in touch by phone and email . On behalf of myself and the C B L Committee preparations are in place to take up bowling again this year when the government or bowls England let us know when the sport can restart. 

The seasons fixture list  is complete but will need some adjusting when we get the  go ahead. The entry forms are ready for C B L competitions and will be forward in due course, clubs that were to hold these last year have all offered to hold them in 2021.

We would ask all clubs to be flexible re. any changes to games/fixtures ,which may have to be rearranged and dates changed.

Would all club secretary`s please forward this to your club committee members, and if your club has a web site put it on so we reach as many members as possible.                                                                       

Looking forward to seeing you all in the not to distant future 

Best regards Maxine Flanary President. 

Click For Bowls England Coronavirus Guidance