Chearsley Parish Council
Parish Councils (PCs) are under an obligation to publicise a range of financial information, including how public funds are managed and accounted for.
Compliance with the Transparency Code
The Smaller Authorities (Transparency Requirements) (England) Regulations 2015 provide that Parish and Town Councils in England whose annual turnover does not exceed £25,000 must publish the information specified in the Code in the manner and form and on the occasions specified in the Code. (The Code is the Transparency Code for smaller authorities published by DCLG in December 2014)
Smaller councils are required to publish:
- minutes of formal meetings (full council and committee), no later than one month after the meeting.
- full and informative agendas not later than three clear days before the meeting to which they relate.
- details of every item of spending of £100 or more.
- end of year accounts and the annual governance statement as per the Annual Return.
- bank reconciliation statements.
- the internal audit report as per the Annual Return.
- names of councillors, their responsibilities, and which committees and outside bodies they are put onto by your council
- list of assets
The following detailed information is provided here:
- End of Year Accounts