Chichester Farmers Market
Interested in becoming a Stallholder?
Our Farmers' Market aims to support farmers and producers who are local to Chichester District Council. Our markets are very popular and we currently have a waiting list of stall holders who would like a pitch.
We give priority to traders who are based within Chichester District, who are primary producers i.e. a farmer or grower who has grown or raised what they are selling and traders selling produce which is not sold by current stall holders.
The pitch fee (from 1 April 2014) is £50 (+ £3 parking per market) for Chichester Farmers' Markets and £37 for Petworth Farmers' Markets. For this you will get a canopy (size 3m by 2m). If you require electricity this is charged at £5 per market per day.
Terms and Conditions
If you wish to trade at our farmers' markets there are a number of conditions which you have to meet. Please read our Farmers' Market Traders Terms and Conditions document below.
If you are a trader selling alcohol you must comply with the Licensing Act. Please read our Alcohol Licensing Requirements document for further information.
What to do next?
- Contact the Farmers' Market Co-ordinator to check if your product is suitable for the farmers' market.
- Request an application form from the Farmers' Market Coordinator or download the form from here.
- Read the Summary Operating notes for Farmers' Market Traders.
- Return the completed application form with the additional paperwork to the Farmers' Market Team.
- We will assess your application and consider whether we are able to offer you a trading pitch. We may contact you to require more paper based information.
- Your application will then be held on a waiting list. We inspect all stall holders before they can trade at our markets, so when we have space we will be in contact to arrange this visit.