Coalville Town Bowls Club
Being fully committed to providing excellent bowling and club facilities for the benefit of our members and visitors in a sustainable way, full regard is paid to achieving good environmental practice.
Having been agreed by the Club Management Committee, all Members are made aware of the policy and encouraged to follow the policy at all times.
The Policy is to:
- Comply with the current requirements of environmental legislation and codes of practice pertaining to the club’s activities.
- Ensure that Members are fully aware of, adopt and take responsibility for their actions to meet requirements of this policy.
- Reduce energy consumption by monitoring usage, take actions to reduce wastage and, where possible, future replacement purchases to be of improved energy efficiency.
- Monitor water consumption to minimise wastage and check for leakage in the supply and distribution pipework.
- Continue to maintain and improve the appearance of the Club’s facilities and surrounding grounds.
- Encourage the use of car sharing, particularly for away fixtures.
- Control the production of waste and pollution and recycle or reuse, including greens and grounds vegetation, as much as is possible.
- Periodically review the effectiveness of this policy by the Management Committee and take corrective actions as necessary.
Management Committee July 2016