Churches & Cemetery
Two (All Saints and St John the Baptist) of the three churches in Collingham are part of the larger United Benefice of East Trent which covers Collingham, Brough, South Scarle, Besthorpe, Girton and Spalford, Winthorpe, Langford and Holme, North and South Clifton, Thorney and Harby - there is a link to their website here.
- For further details of their services and contacts, see All Saints and St.John the Baptist or go to the East Trent Group website for more detailed information.
Methodist Church, High Street
Being a Methodist Church we are part of the Newark and Southwell Methodist Circuit. We are a friendly church with regular Sunday worship and a lively “God’s Gang” and with weekday activities.
Revd Peter Bates
45 Southfield, Balderton
Newark NG24 3QB.
(Tel: 01636 706264)
Regular service times
- 10.45 a.m. each Sunday with occasional evening services.
- “God’s Gang” meets at 10.45 a.m Sunday for young people.
- The Guild meets at 7.30 p.m. on Mondays.
- Women’s Fellowship at 2.30 p.m. on Tuesdays.
- There are pecial services to celebrate major Christian Festivals.
- When there are five Sundays in the month we hold a joint service with other churches in Collingham.
- Special social events throughout the year.
For any more information please contact Revd. Peter Bates
The Parish Council is responsible for the new Cemetery at South End and the old Cemetery at St John the Baptist (this is a small area at the back of the Church, behind the Church Burial Ground).
The fees associated with the cemetery and the rules are available as PDFs below