West Berkshire Council: Post-lockdown restrictions in West Berkshire (High tier)
Compton Parish Council
West Berkshire will be in the high tier of restrictions when lockdown ends next week.
Under the post-lockdown arrangements the Government has placed each region in one of three tiers – medium, high or very high. The tiers are based on the prevalence of coronavirus in a region, and introduce varying degrees of restrictions to help combat the virus.
The local region includes West Berkshire along with Reading, Wokingham, Bracknell Forest, and Windsor and Maidenhead. This region will move into the high tier from Wednesday 2nd December. Under the high tier:
- There is no mixing of households indoors, apart from support bubbles. A maximum of six people can meet outdoors
- Shops, gyms and personal care services (such as hairdressers) will all reopen
- Pubs and bars must close, unless they are operating as restaurants. Hospitality venues can only serve alcohol with substantial meals. Last orders will be taken at 10pm, and venues must close by 11pm
- People should minimise travel and work from home where possible
- Schools, colleges, university and early years settings will be open
You can also stay up-to-date on restrictions where you live using this postcode finder.
As well as the specific restrictions outlined above, residents should continue to follow the “hands, face, space” advice to help reduce the transmission of coronavirus.
Tiers will be reviewed every two weeks with regions moving to more or less severe restrictions, or staying as they are, depending on factors such as transmission rates and how local services are coping.
West Berkshire Council is continuing to provide support to residents and businesses who are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus restrictions. Later today, the Council will announce details of a new Winter Hardship Grant Fund and which opens for applications next week.
Support is also available for businesses affected by the restrictions put in place.
- A Local Restrictions Support Grant is in place for businesses who have been forced to close.
- An Additional Restrictions Grant is a discretionary payment for businesses who have been affected by the restrictions and which has not received other grant payments and require further assistance.
Residents have been receiving leaflets through the post this week with information about the support available to local residents, useful contacts and local arrangements for contact tracing. It also included information about the different tiers, which were correct at the time of posting. Since then these tiers and have changed and residents are asked to follow the amended tiered restrictions as set out here.
You can find out more information about the latest advice in West Berkshire, and information about local coronavirus cases, on the Public Health for Berkshire website.
Compton Parish Council
Find Compton Parish Council
Wilkins Centre, Burrell Road, Compton, Newbury, Berkshire, RG20 6NP
The Wilkins Centre is situated down the driveway to the left of the Village Hall.