Bar Policy, Procedure & Order Forms
The Bar is open for a range of bowls event / match types, including Friendlies, Crofton-hosted Multi-Club events, In-Club Events, Men's P&D League (evenings), Men's P&D Midweek Triples League (afternoons), G&F Mixed Triples (evenings), and selected other events / match types.
- When the Bar is open, Teas, Coffees and Bottled Water remain available for purchase from the Kitchen Servery.
At events where food and drink is served after the match, the Club operates a process for post-match drinks orders to be placed in advance around the commencement of the match/event for fulfilment at the commencement of the meal. That process, and the corresponding order forms, is shown below.
The order forms on which such orders are written are provided 'green-side' by the duty Bar Steward typically at the start of the match/event, in folders which also contain a copy of our Bar Price List, and are collected at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled end time of the match.
The documents below are password protected. If you require a reminder of the password, please contact the Club Assistant Secretary.
No Bar Price List for 2020 has yet been set. It will appear below.
A Stewards' Rota will be maintained by the Bar Management, and may appear here..
The Executive Committee is responsible for determining/approving
- Bar policies
- Bar prices
- Bar opening hours, within the limits permitted by the Club Premises Alcohol Licence.
The Bar Manager and the other Bar Sub-Committee Members are responsible for:
- conducting the supply and sale of excise liquors on the Club premises
- the enforcement of all rules and regulations applicable to such transactions
- purchasing drink supplies
- supplying (bar-stocked or supply-agreed) soft drinks to the Kitchen Servery for sale there
- supply to the Kitchen of such soft drinks is required to be included in Bar inventory and purchasing returns
- sales from the Kitchen are not required to be included in Bar sales records
- recording all stock movements, and providing records of all sales/receipts, and of purchases and any financial-related transactions, to the Treasurer following each operating month-end
- establishing and publishing (in clubhouse, and online, above) a roster for the Stewards
- ensuring that Stewards are competent and trained to run all aspects of Bar operations.
The Bar Manager and one (independent) member of the Executive Management Committee are responsible for the carrying out of regular stock checks
- the stock check validation process is expected to be completed by reconciling the stock check result against sales, purchases and other stock movement records since the previous stock check.