Cromer Community Association CIO
Cromer Community Association (CIO) is a charitable body whose primary purpose is to manage and let Cromer Community Hall, which is situated in Garden Street, Cromer.
The hall was opened in 1957 as a facility for the Women’s Institute who remain the freeholder of the building. The Hall is let to the Cromer Community Association on a long term lease to enable the Hall to be used by the community. The hall provides amenities such a large meeting area, a small meeting room, stage, kitchen, and lavatories
The Community Centre serves the community of Cromer, the civil parish has an area of 4.66 km2 (1.80 sq mi) and at the 2011 census had a population of 7,683.
Crromer Community Association CIO (Charitable Incorporated Organisation) was founded to provide a facility for use by the people of the town and its environs to advance education and to provide facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation leisure time occupation.
This intent was reflected in the objects of the Association as registered with the Charity Commission.
1) To further or benefit the residents of Cromer without distinction of sex, sexual orientation, race or of political, religious or other opinions by associating together the said residents and the local authorities, voluntary and other organisations in a common effort to advance education and to provide facilities in the interests or social welfare for recreation and leisure time occupation with the objective of improving the quality of life for the residents.
2) To establish or secure the establishment of a community centre and to maintain or manage or co-operate with any statutory authority in the maintenance and management of such a centre for activities promoted by the CIO in furtherance of the above objects.
Cromer Community Association is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO). It was registered as a CIO on 11 March 2016 with number 1166014. Prior to being registered as a CIO the Association was registered as a charity on 29 March 2010 with number 1135275.
The Community Hall hosts a number of groups who make use of its facilities
Current users include fitness clubs, local interest groups, recreational facilities and retail.
- Friends of the Cromer Museum;
- Tai Chi
- Folk Dance Club
- Singing Group
- Garden Society
- Friends of North Lodge
- True Motion Dance
- Cromer Flower Club
- Diabetes UK
- Fitness League
The Community Centre has good transport links with the railways just 10 minutes away which has an hourly service to Norwich to the south and Sheringham to the East. The Bus Station is just 5 minutes walk away with inkes by bus to Norwich, Sheringham, Holt, North Walsham and Great Yarmouth. Cromer’s principal roads link the community centre with term parking outside the community centre.
The trustees of the Cromer Community Association intend to modernise the Hall by undertaking the following work:
- Rebuilding and extension of entrance hall to improve disabled access and increase the storage area for mobility vehicles and pushchairs;
- Installation of new gentlemen’s lavatory and refurbishment of ladies and disabled lavatory;
- Replacement of boiler to improve energy efficiency.
- Replacement of kitchen equipment;
- Installation of effective lighting and sound equipment;
- Decoration and fabric improvement.
The estimated cost of this work is in excess of £100,000