KCC Public Protection ALERT! Coronavirus Scammers active in Kent
Doddington Parish Council
Reports have been received of scam telephone calls targeting residents in Ashford and Tenterden and instructing them to purchase face masks over the phone.
- You receive a telephone call.
- An automated voice claims to be from the Government coronavirus helpline.
- You are told the Government wants residents to wear a face mask.
- To purchase face masks you are told to press button 1.
What to do:
- Do not press 1 – this is a scam.
- The Government has not asked the public to wear masks, at this time.
- The Government would not ask you to purchase items in this way.
- Hang up your telephone.
- For advice and to report call Citizens Advice consumer service 0808 223 1133 or visit their webpages.
Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.
Find out about how scammers may be trying to target you and your family during the Coronavirus pandemic. We can all be vulnerable to these criminals and the best way to protect yourself is to make sure you are aware. KCC Public protection have created a page that lists scams that are using the Pandemic to target you.
For advice and to report issues to KCC Trading Standards contact
Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133
Consumer Advice scams action line on 0808 250 5050
Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Mrs Wendy Licence
- 01622 739324
Find Doddington Parish Council
Doddington, Doddington, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 0BH