Dymchurch Parish Council
26 April 2020
- You receive an email.
- It contains false malicious information or allegations of you watching pornographic material.
- The criminal threatens to share this false information to your Facebook contacts if you do not pay a Bitcoin ransom demand.
- The email may contain information such as your name, part or all of your phone number, and your password.
What to do:
- Never respond to threats or demands.
- Do not click on any links, delete the email.
- If the email contains your current password - change it immediately.
- Report to Citizens Advice Scams Action Service or telephone 0808 250 5050
Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.
Find out about how scammers may be trying to target you and your family during the Coronavirus pandemic. We can all be vulnerable to these criminals and the best way to protect yourself is to make sure you are aware. KCC Public protection have created a page that lists scams that are using the Pandemic to target you.
For advice and to report issues to KCC Trading Standards contact
Copyright © 2020 Kent County Council, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted into receive emails from KCC Public Protection.
Find Dymchurch Parish Council
Dymchurch Parish Council, 13 Orgarswick Avenue, Dymchurch, Romney Marsh, Kent, TN29 0NX