Eastling Parish Council
The statement regarding latest confirmed cases for Kent and Medway (25 and eight respectively) has been updated on the KCC mediahub https://kccmediahub.net/further-coronavirus-covid-19-cases-confirmed-in-kent745
Please see the update from Public Health England below dated 19 March:
- The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) testing figures are yet to be updated for 19 March but will be available on this page shortly. As of 19 March there have been 128 deaths in England. DHSC will publish updated data on this page on a daily basis at 2pm until further notice. Please be aware that tests are now being prioritised for those who require hospital care for pneumonia or acute respiratory illness – while continuing to investigate outbreaks, ie where several cases are connected, especially in a particular setting such as a care home.
- The Prime Minister has confirmed a daily press conference will now be held to keep the public informed of latest COVID-19 advice and the Government’s response. Any relevant updates from today’s conference once held, will follow this update if urgent, or otherwise will follow in tomorrow’s update. A statement following yesterday’s (18.03.20) press conference can be viewed here confirming schools, colleges and early years settings will close from Monday 23 March, except for children of key workers and vulnerable children. A list of key workers is to be published by Government.
- The public information campaign has been updated with the a variety of digital, social and print materials available on the Campaign Resource Centre (CRC).
- Latest PHE guidance can be found here. PHE has also published Staying at home, for households with possible COVID-19 infection and Social distancing to protect vulnerable groups
- DfE has set up a helpline offering guidance for anyone with education related questions.
- Follow on Twitter: @PHE_SouthEast
Other guidance material includes:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): residential care, supported living and home care guidance
- £2.9 billion funding to strengthen care for the vulnerable
The funding will help patients who no longer need urgent hospital treatment to return home, making at least 15,000 beds available during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): hospital discharge service requirements
- COVID-19: guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- 01622 739324
Find Eastling Parish Council
Eastling, Faversham, Kent