Eastling Parish Council
Please see the Public Health England update below for 26 March:
- The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has confirmed that, as of 9am on 26 March 2020, a total of 104,866 people have been tested, of which 93,208 were confirmed negative and 11,658 were confirmed positive. As of 5pm on 25 March 2020, 578 patients in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have died. DHSC will publish updated data on this page on a daily basis each afternoon until further notice. Please be aware that tests are now being prioritised for those who require hospital care for pneumonia or acute respiratory illness – while continuing to investigate outbreaks, ie where several cases are connected, especially in a particular setting such as a care home. This change is being reflected in the surveillance data we report which will monitor, support and inform the public health actions we are taking while no longer providing a running commentary of individual cases, or individual deaths.
- The Chancellor has outlined measures to support the self-employed. They will be paid 80% of profits, up to £2,500 a month if affected by the coronavirus outbreak. HM Treasury guidance on support for those affected by coronavirus has also been updated.
- The Prime Minister has announced a further £210 million funding to find a coronavirus vaccine. This is the largest single contribution by any country to the key international fund to find a coronavirus vaccine. A news story is on the Downing Street website.
- The government has published guidance, Coronavirus: How to help safely, to enable people across the UK people to safely provide essential support to their friends and family who are in isolation.
- Guidance for households with possible infection, staying at home and away from others, and protecting vulnerable people (shielding).
Latest PHE guidance can be found here.
- Any further guidance to support schools and educational settings remaining open for children of key workers will be published here.
DfE has set up a helpline offering guidance for anyone with education related questions.
- Follow on Twitter: @PHE_SouthEast
- 01622 739324
Find Eastling Parish Council
Eastling, Faversham, Kent