KCC Public Protection Alert! NatWest text scam
Eastling Parish Council
Please be alert to this scam that is targeting Kent residents by text message.
How it works:
- You receive a text from criminals claiming to be from NatWest bank
- You are told there has been a request to update your mobile telephone contact number
- The criminal asks you to click on a link in the text to update your number
What to do:
- Do not click on the link
- Your bank will never send you a message asking you to click on a link
- Forward any suspicious texts referring to NatWest to the number 88355 (Standard network rates apply)
- Find out how to report a scam on Citizens Advice
Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.
Find out about how scammers may be trying to target you and your family during the Coronavirus pandemic. We can all be vulnerable to these criminals and the best way to protect yourself is to make sure you are aware. KCC Public protection have created a page that lists scams that are using the Pandemic to target you.
For advice and to report issues to KCC Trading Standards contact
- 01622 739324
Find Eastling Parish Council
Eastling, Faversham, Kent