Egerton Parish Council
Parish Land & Property
Egerton Parish Council holds the title deed to the Recreation Ground which was bequeathed to the village in 1920 by Lord Cornwallis. The lower area is leased to local farmers for sheep grazing and it also contains trees planted in memory of former residents. A survey of the trees is underway and a schedule of appropriate trees for future planting is being drawn up, to avoid over-crowding and to enhance the natural environment.
The recreation area is leased to the Egerton Playing Fields Association who in 2012 completed the building of the new Sports Pavilion.
The Playground and the Skatepark/mountain bike areas are the responsibility of the Parish Council.
The Games Barn is the responsibility of one of the Parish Council's sub-committees – The Games Barn sub-committee. Its Treasurer/Secretary is the Clerk to the Parish Council.
The Telecottage is also run as a sub-committee of the Parish Council, its Treasurer/Secretary is Parish Councillor Alison Richey.
The Millenium Village Hall is situated on Parish Council land but the Hall itself is the responsibility of the Hall Management Committee, a separate Trust.
The Car Park nearest to the Hall is the responsibility of the Parish Council, whereas the main tarmac area of the car park behind Rock Hill is owned by Ashford Borough Council.
The Glebe – the grassed area with trees and the Village Noticeboard in front of the Village stores is also land for which the Parish Council holds title deed.
The red telephone kiosk on Stonebridge Green is now in the ownership of the Parish Council.
Plans & maps, with more detail will be placed on this website in due course.