Essex Farmers' Markets
Joining out markets
If you would like to be given the opportunity to trade at one of our venues you need to register with us first.
Before you can do this all food businesses must first register with their Local Authority, which will mean that a Local Authority Officer will visit your food premises and STAR rate your business.
All food businesses must have a HACAP in place and you and your staff will need the minium of a Basic Hygine Certificate.
It is also a legal requirement to have hot and cold washing facilites on your stand this can be achived by a number of methods, Burco boiler (if elecric is avalible) flasks etc.
You need to discuss this and find out what is acceptable at each market, with the local EHO.
You must also have a seperate HACAP for your market business as all EHO's will expect to see this on your stand at each market. This can in most cases be covered by using Safer Food Better Business which can be supplied free of charge from your Local Authority or The Food Standards Agency.
Public Liability Insurance is a must and all traders must have at least £5 million cover.
To join us all this must be in place.
To go on the waiting list and be considered you must send a copy of your Basic Hygenie Certifcate and copy of your Public Liability Insurance to us after you have completed the online registration.
IF YOU DO NOT SEND THESE DOCUMENTS TO US YOU WILL NOT BE ADDED TO OUR WAITING LIST AND NOT CONSIDERED FOR ANY OF OUR MARKETS.
We have simple rules for our markets and expect all traders to follow them.
However from time to time we have asked traders to leave, this is because we expect the highest standards from our traders and remember you are dealing with the public.
If you are lucky enough to be invited to join us, you will be asked to pay one months rent in advance for each and every market you are offered.
Rent is then payable on each day's market so you are always one month in front.
If it does not work out for you and you wish to stop coming to a market we require one months notice.
Will you be the sole trader with your product on a given market?
The answer is clearly no, that is because we encourage healthy competition.
However we will not flood a market with to many of the same produce as it would be very hard for traders to earn a living.
Below are our general rules, each market will have its own practices to fit in with site layout, and times we are allowed on site etc.
We provide a industrial gazebo for you to stand under, this is to give a uniform look on all of our markets.
We only allow you to use your own if it's of a standard that fits in and meets Health & Safety Standards as we are in public places.
We do not provide tables for you to use on your stand.
Essex Farmers Markets Rules
- Access to Market as advised.
- Emergency access routes to be kept clear at all times.
- All vehicles to be off site by designated time at each market.
- No vehicles to return until stated time.
- Vehicles to be parked in suitable car parks, passes displayed when available.
- No rubbish to be left on site.
- Rubbish that has to be removed by EFM is subject to a £10 charge.
- No trailing electrical leads or water hoses.
- Any instructions by the police or an officer of the council to be complied with immediately.
- All electrical equipment to be fully tested and certified annually.
- All traders to hold at least £5million Product and Public Liability Insurance.
- All producers must comply with Trading Standards and Environmental Health Legislation.
- All products to be clearly labelled with prices shown.
- Producers are encouraged to bring information leaflets or display boards showing their products/methods of production, etc.
- Any disputes arising will be finalised by Essex Farmers Markets.
- All licensed traders to be responsible for full payment of due rent at each market.
- All market dates are published on the website for clarification.
- Traders must give at least 1 month’s notice to terminate their notice to attend.
- LICENSES MUST BE DISPLAYED ON STALL AT ALL TIMES.
- Issue and grant of this license confirms that you accept all rules and regulations and terms and conditions of trading published by Essex Farmers Markets.