GORDANO PROBUS CLUB PORTISHEAD
- The name of the club shall be the Gordano Probus Club.
- The Club shall be non-political and non-sectarian.
- The Club shall meet on the 2nd Wednesday every month.
- The maximum membership shall be 80. Membership applications shall be sponsored by two club members and shall be at the discretion of the Committee.
- The annual subscription shall be fixed at the AGM. (a) should a member’s subscription NOT have been paid by 10 weeks after the AGM his membership shall lapse, subject to confirmation by the Committee. (b) a new member shall pay a pro-rata subscription, the amount to be determined by the Treasurer.
- The financial year shall end on the last day of March and the AGM shall be held on the 2nd Wednesday of April each year.
- Members may introduce guests, providing the guest shall not attend more than two meetings in any one year.
- The Committee of the Club: (a) shall consist of the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Immediate Past Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Speaker Secretary, Press Secretary, Welfare Officer, Assistant Secretary, Assistant Treasurer, and up to three Committee Members. They shall be elected at the AGM, and any vacancy shall be filled by resolution of the Committee. (b) The Chairman shall automatically retire from office after one year. (c) The Committee shall have the power to co-opt as and when necessary for whatever function or duty. (d) Five members of the Committee shall constitute a quorum, two to be Officers.
- An Independent Accounts Examiner shall be elected at the AGM.
- Members shall be responsible for the Dining Fee if they are absent from a meeting, except where they have advised the Secretary or Chairman by 9am on the Monday prior to the meeting from which they will be absent.
- The Income and Property of the Club shall be solely employed for the purposes of the Club.
- In the event of Winding Up of the Club, its property and assets of every kind shall be disposed of as the Committee considers appropriate.
- These Rules may only be altered by a resolution of the majority of the members attending the AGM.