Hampshire Farmers Market
Little Cherry Pies: Average
Pastry & Topping:
200g plain flour
50g ground hazelnuts
*140g cubed cold butter
50g castor sugar
*3tbsp raspberry jam
*500g stoned cherries
50g roughly chopped hazelnuts
1. Rub together flour, hazelnuts and butter until fine crumbs. Add sugar. Remove 3 tbsp and set aside for topping.
2. Add 1 – 2 tbsp cold water to fine crumbs to make dough.
Wrap in cling film and chill for 20 mins.
3. Roll out dough thinly to line tartlet tins, muffin tins or bowls.
1. Warm raspberry jam and stir in cherries. Spoon into pastry cases.
2. Stir chopped hazelnuts and sugar into set aside topping and sprinkle over cherries in their pastry cases.
3. Bake for 30 mins at 180 0C until lightly browned. Cool for 10 mins