COVID -19: GUIDANCE FOR HORNSEY BOWLING CLUB MEMBERS
WISHING TO USE THE GREEN FOR PRACTICE
Government guidance released on 13th May 2020 states: “You can play lawn bowls where facilities have reopened, but you can only take part in these activities by yourself or with members of your household or with one person outside of your household, as long as you are able to maintain social distancing.”
Bowls England recommends that all clubs follow the guidance below (so long as it remains consistent with Government advice and social distancing requirements):
Play arrangements for Hornsey Bowling Club Members
- Complete the Club Self Declaration form and submit to the Club. Leave in post box in equipment room
- Pay your annual subscription. Post in club letter box or leave in post box in equipment room
- Book the rink using the clubs booking system. Session slots of 1 hour will be allocated Phone designated person 24 hours before session required. ( 07432724197) email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can we use the changing rooms? No– all indoor facilities, apart from toilets and through-ways must be kept closed. You should not use the equipment room to change in.
- Arrive no more than 15 mins before the session, disinfect your hands first, disinfect the mats and jack, complete the session.
- Only play on rinks 1, 3, 5 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. And 2, 4, 6 on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday (keep an empty rink between rinks that are being played on)
- Maximum of six players on club premises at any one time (assuming average of two people per rink who are not from the same household).
- No visitors/spectators to be admitted to the club
- We will cap the number of occasions a player can book a rink each week to ensure that the available capacity is distributed fairly. To start we will cap at 3 times per week and see how it goes.
- Dress code for playing on the green is white tops / club shirt, Grey / White trousers / Shorts
- Leave the club within 15 mins having disinfected again, the mats, jack and any surfaces (such as chair arms) that you have touched
The following playing formats are in accordance with Government guidelines:
• Individuals playing bowls on their own on a single rink and 2 pairs following the guidelines laid down
• Two individuals from two different households playing on a single rink (no marker) See Playing sheet
Clubhouse and Facilities
• The clubhouse is open on club nights with bar facilities (Mon,Fri Sat.) . - Limited essential access at other times to use the toilets and hand washing facilities is allowed But on a one in, one out basis.
• Sanitiser is available for cleaning hands and equipment before and after playing. Use sparingly.
• Refreshments / drinks can be brought in and consumed off the green. All rubbish must be put in
the bins. Remember social distancing must be adhered to: players must not linger or gather in
groups of more than 2.
TURN ON /OFF ELECTRIC FENCE SWITCH IN PUMP SHED same key as equipment room.
To minimise the risk of infection, equipment not deemed essential at this time and should not be utilised. This includes:
• Bowls pushers
• Ditch markers
• 2m distance sticks
SEE, READ AND OBSERVE ALL THE NOTICES ON THE BOARDS TO ENSURE WE KEEP OURSELVES SAFE.
IT WOULD BE A SHAME IF WE HAD TO CLOSE THE GREEN IF THE VIRUS STARTS TO SPREAD AGAIN.
Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to; you must remain at least two metres apart from other bowlers (who are not part of your household) at all times.