Hurst Centre Badminton Club
Hurst Centre Badminton Club is a friendly, competitive club offering a good overall standard of play and based near Tadley within easy reach from Reading, Newbury, Basingstoke, Thatcham and surrounding villages of Burghfield, Mortimer, Silchester, Bramley and Aldermaston.
We're always looking to strengthen our squads, so if you're looking to play in the top divisions in the area then why not give us a try. We also have several mixed and men's teams in divisions 2 and 3 , which means most of our members can get involved in matches if they want.
New visitors of all standards are very welcome and we would appreciate a quick call or email before your first visit. Club nights and home matches are played at The Hurst Centre in Baughurst, Tadley.
- Club night is on Thursdays, from 8.30pm to 10.30pm
- Typical attendance at club nights is around 20 people. Four courts are available so we all get a good number of games.
- First visit is free of charge.
- Discounts on joining fees for students and those in full time education
- Feather shuttlecocks are used at the club.
- We play throughout the summer (included in membership fee). During this time visitors from all clubs are welcome to come along.
We do our best to organise club nights to ensure that each player has a good variety of games.
New men and lady players are welcome and no visitor’s fee is charged for the first visit to a club night. Regular visitors, who pay a small fee after their first visit, are also welcome.
In addition to the normal competitive leagues, we have access to other open competitions organized by the Basingstoke & District Badminton League and Newbury & District Badminton Association.