Hurstbourne Tarrant Historical Society
The society holds the following material:
- Census records for Hurstbourne Tarrant for 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891, 1901 and 1911. These records have been digitised and indexed
- Information on listed buildings in and around Hurstbourne Tarrant including descriptions and external photographs
- Three documents compiled by Lesley Oostendorp, entitled "An Everyday Story of Country Folk" covering the years 1880 to 1919, 1920 to 1939 and 1940 to 1959. These documents draw on many source including the Andover Advertiser, unpolished memoirs and recollections of local inhabitants. There are photographs and maps illustrating the text
- Comprehensive records detailing World War I and World War II related activities and the service records of those who served relating to Hurstbourne Tarrant
- Numerous photographs of historical and personal interest taken from 1900 to the present day. These cover street scenes, local and national events and family and school groups
- Information on burials, deaths and marriages relating to St Peter's Church, Hurstbourne Tarrant
- Historical records relating land and property ownership around the village, including information from Corpus Christi College archives and the Twyne transcripts
If you wish to find out more about these archives or obtain access please use the contact page.
The links below let you browse some of the catalogues of our archives. If you would access to full resolution images please use the contact page.