Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Hurstbourne Tarrant Parish

From the Editor

This is my first edition of the Parish Magazine, and I have approached it with a great deal of nerves, and a little excitement, but the finished article is finally here. Janet took the magazine from a four page newsletter, to the successful magazine it is today. I would like to add my personal ‘thank you’ to Janet for her incredible hard-work, and hope that she won’t mind too much being bombarded with my questions over the next few months.
I’ve lived in Ibthorpe for almost three years, and love village life. I made the decision to move here, with my partner Gary, before even stepping inside our cottage. Once we had moved in, I discovered that I was living next door to a real shepherd, and thought I had been transported to an episode of ‘The Archers’. Then came the discovery that Jane Austen would visit Ibthorpe regularly - what more could I ask for? I feel very fortunate to live here, I’m slowly getting to know everyone, and feel part of a friendly and caring community. My decision to take on the role as editor was to contribute something to this unique Parish.
I’ve so enjoyed reading all the articles for this edition. My favourite is Rev Trevor’s article on church weddings, with a little bias I have to admit. My daughter, Clemency, married her childhood sweetheart Tim, in August at St Peter’s, Hurstbourne Tarrant. It was a very special day, and they were able to make the service personal to their relationship, which made the service very emotional.
Trevor’s relaxed attitude allowed a jazz band to play at the end of the service, with us all dancing in the aisles! I look forward to seeing the number of church weddings in the Parish grow.
There are all the regular articles in this edition, together with a wonderful article by Cerys Willis, a recipient of a grant from Upton School House Trust, on her trip to Cambodia with the Explorer Scouts. Details of how to apply for a grant, can be found after her article. Also included, is a report of this year’s Village Show, which was great fun, and attracted the largest crowd ever.
I hope you enjoy this edition of the magazine, I would love to receive any articles, reports, letters
and any other items for future editions. Please send them to my email below.
Shireen Capel  EMAIL:

Deadline
Shireen Capel: editorhbtmag@gmail.com
The deadline for all articles is 10.00pm on the 20th of each month.
There is no guarantee that anything arriving after that time will be published,
no matter how important, unless the delay has been discussed in
advance
Your help with this is much appreciated.