Hurstbourne Tarrant Parish
Saturday 14th July - OPENS at 1.00pm KGV Playing fields
Put the date in your diary for this year’s village show and start getting ready for our 1940’s themed event. There will be:
- The Andover Lindy Hoppers – put on your best frocks and braces and dance
- 1940’s Songs – music and nostalgia
- Punch & Judy – see our traditional English entertainment
- Village Tug-of-War – who will be winner?
- WW2 display – the real Dad’s Army and their equipment
- Dig for Victory – potatoes in a bucket competition
The “potatoes in a bucket” competition is your chance to see what you can do with one potato grown in a bucket – the heaviest crop wins. There are 30 free buckets and seed potatoes from the Whitchurch Potato Day waiting to be claimed – first come first served. Contact Andy (01264 736459 / email@example.com) to reserve your bucket and potato.
Of course there will be all the regular attractions including the hugely popular bric-a-brac, a bouncy castle, the classic cars, side shows, craft and plant stalls, teas and cakes & strawberries in the hall, the George & Dragon BBQ, freshly cooked pizzas, Betteridge’s Beers, the Gin Stall and lots more.
We’re running the Hottest Chilli competition again and you’ll need to start growing them now! Chilli peppers can be started off from seed sown indoors from February onwards. They need a long growing season and move slowly with a naturally bushy habit, so will grow perfectly well indoors until the weather warms up.
This year’s garden competition will have an additional prize for the most “ecological & wildlife friendly entry” as part of the “HBeeT – Putting the bee back in HbT” initiative organised by Mark Thomas. Anyone with a “wild garden or allotment” could be in the running for the prize. Why not enter your garden, allotment or vegetable patch – more details in the next few months.
And finally here’s our Village Show “request list”:
- Do you have any Union Jack bunting? We need as much as possible for decoration.
- Could you donate produce for sale? We’d like local preserves, chutneys, fruit and vegetables.
- Is your shed full of bric-a-brac? We’ll start collecting soon so let us know.
If you can help out with our “request list” or with anything else show-related do please get in touch with Andy (01264 736459 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please access the village show website for further information: LINK