Hurstbourne Tarrant Parish
Advice on making best use of Neighbourhood Watch can be found Link
Details of the new 101 non-emergency phone number can be found Link
Details of Your Local Area can be found Link
Hurstbourne Tarrant Neighbourhood Watch Scheme LINK
Trading Standards - Scams Bulletin May 2017 LINK
Dear Coordinators and members,
I have pleasure in attaching the April newsletter for Andover rural areas. I also attach the top ten tips for protecting against cybercrime which I hope you find of interest.
There will shortly be advice and guidelines available pertaining to the new requirements following changes to the Data Protection Act.
Some unexpected funding from the Home Office has allowed National NW to commission several little projects on specific crime groups.
The aim is to produce briefing packs/toolkits to improve local NW groups understanding in the following rising crime areas.
- Domestic abuse
- Serious violence ( specifically knife crime)
- Older residents and scamming etc.
- Loneliness & vulnerability
- Modern crimes such as slavery etc.
The outcome from these projects will be shared with County Associations during the summer at several workshops around the country .
Two other pieces of work have been started. These are a bit more academic :
- Using information from the latest National Crime Survey, the project is to try and identify the impact and effectiveness of an active NW network.
- To try and measure behaviours before and after people are supplied with crime prevention advice – hopefully this will help us to improve the style and content of the advice.
Obviously this type of research could be useful in helping with funding applications both at national and local level.
As always, please do get in touch if you have any questions.
Sara Walker 41755 Andover Neighbourhood Watch Administrator.