Major Roadworks in Ivinghoe - April 2019
Ivinghoe Parish Council
Ivinghoe Parish Council are aware that Anglian Water are to complete some major water quality works in the centre of Ivinghoe from 6th – 18th April 2019.
The information that we are aware of so far is
- The roadworks are to be completed on the High Street between the The Kings Head Restaurant and Windmill Close.
- The works will necessitate the closure of the road and the junction, meaning that High Street, Station Road and Church Road will be closed to THROUGH traffic only. High Street, Station Road and Church Road will remain open for ACCESS to residents, businesses, etc. as far as the roadworks closure and no further.
- It is assumed that a pedestrian footway will be maintained past the works area adjacent to The Lawn.
- AW have arranged a diversion route, but basically anyone wanting to drive from one side of Ivinghoe to the other will need to travel via the diversion.
- This is the third attempt by AW to complete the works over the last 18months, both previous times they have attempted with and without traffic lights. On both occasions it proved unsafe for the workers with the amount and size of the traffic using the junction.
- Bus services will be on divert, for the 61/61A/50 bus services, Ivinghoe residents and Pitstone residents off Marsworth Road will need to catch the bus from Pitstone Memorial Hall during the period of the works.
- The roadworks have been timed so that schools and school bus routes are not affected.
- Access to the church will be via the pedestrian gates in Church Road only, the main gate by the memorial will be within the works area and not available for use.
As and when we have any further information we will make it available here.
Mrs Bridget Knight - Parish Clerk
Find Ivinghoe Parish Council
Ivinghoe Parish Council, Town Hall, High Street, Ivinghoe, Leighton Buzzard, Buckinghamshire, LU7 9EP