Ivinghoe Parish Council
Roadworks - Station Road, Cheddington
Ivinghoe Parish Council
Please read, these roadworks will effect residents of both Ivinghoe and Pitstone.
Anglian Water are replacing water mains on Station Road, Cheddington, which will necessitate closing the road for 4 weeks starting Mon 8th January. The road closure will be from the station entrance along the entire length of the road to the junction with Mentmore Road.
Bucks County Council have issued a diversion route via Ivinghoe, Pitstone, Marsworth and Long Marston, see attached diagram.
What this will mean for residents.
- Vehicle access to Cheddington Station will only be from B488 Horton Road and the railway bridge.
- With the diversion route through Pitstone and Ivinghoe, expect increased traffic along Marsworth Road and High Street, especially at school times. Please note, it is expected that the HGV traffic from the airfield site will also use this route.
- School bus routes will be affected, however we have yet to be advised what those changes are. As and when we are made aware, we will update this information. Possible affected services
- 883 – Cheddington to Tring School
- 886 – Horton to Cheddington School
Update - 4th January 2018
Latest info from BucksCC – closure will be from first thing on Wednesday morning with warning signs going out on Tuesday pm.
School bus route changes – schools have been informed today, information should be out with parents shortly.
Update - 9th January 2018
School Bus Changes as issued by Bucks CC
RE: Road Closure on Station Road, Cheddington from 10th January 2018 until Spring Half Term, 9th February 2018
You may be aware of a road closure coming into force tomorrow morning along Cheddington Station Road to the junction with Mentmore Road. Unfortunately we have been advised by Transport for Bucks that the nature of the works means that we are unable to access any part of this road during the closure, until otherwise notified. For this reason, we have had to alter the route of the 883 to avoid closed sections of the road.
The following boarding point adjustments will be in place until Friday 9th October (commencement of Spring Half Term Holiday) or until further notice:
- Students boarding at Cheddington Station will need to walk to Cheddington, The Green to board. This is due to the nature of the road closure not allowing access to through traffic.
- Students boarding at Ivinghoe, Ford End Farm / Station Road B488 will need to walk to Ivinghoe, The Green as this section of the route will not be accessible due to the earlier road closure.
- Students boarding at Pitstone, Vicarage Road, Playing Field will need to wait on the opposite side of the road and board at the May Fu restaurant. This is to allow the bus to serve the route in a workable order
- Students boarding at Pitstone, Vicarage Road / Ship Lane will need to walk up to and cross the Marsworth Road and board at the May Fu restaurant. The Vicarage Road cannot be served due to the direction the bus must be travelling to arrive at Tring School
In order to make the boarding points in time, the route will run 10 minutes earlier than usual, as follows:
0743 Cheddington, The Green
0753 Pitstone, Vicarage Road, Playing Field (outside May Fu)
0800 Ivinghoe, The Green
0821 Tring School
The drivers will have been briefed to keep an eye out for any students not at their correct boarding point, so please advise your children to wave the bus down should they see it on route.
Parents will note that these adjustments are the same as put in place in October 2017, due to the Horton Road closure, so students and parents should be familiar with the changed route.
Please call us on 01296 387439 if there are any concerns.
Client Transport Officer
Any further updates will appear here.
Mrs Bridget Knight - Parish Clerk
Find Ivinghoe Parish Council
Station Road, Cheddington, Leighton Buzzard, Buckinghamshire, LU7 0SG