M20 overnight closures - traffic diversions to A20
Lenham Parish Council
Lenham Parish Council has been notified by National Highways that the M20 will be closed overnight between junctions 8 and 9 to do work on the M20 Moveable Barrier.
The closures / diversions will tke place as follows:
Coastbound slip road closures
The coastbound M20 junction 9 entry slip road will be closed from:
- 9:00pm Monday 25 September until 6:00am Tuesday 26 September 2023
Diverion route: A clearly signed diversion route will be in place taking traffic coastbound along the A20, A28, A2070, A20 then back onto the M20.
The coastbound M20 junction 9 exit slip road will be closed from:
- 9:00pm Tuesday 26 September until 6:00am Wednesday 27 September 2023
- 9:00pm Wednesday 27 September until 6:00am Thursday 28 September 2023
- 9:00pm Thursday 28 September until 6:00am Friday 29 September 2023
- 9:00pm Friday 29 September until 6:00am Saturday 30 September 2023
Diversion route: Traffic will be directed to continue to junction 10A where they can turn around and exit the M20 at junction 9 on the London-bound side.
Coastbound overnight closure
The M20 coastbound between junctions 7 and 9 will be closed overnight from:
- 9:00pm Sunday 1 October until 6:00am Monday 2 October 2023
Diversion route: A clearly signed diversion route will be in place taking traffic coastbound along the A249, M2, A2, A20, then back onto the M20.
Everyone is advised that there will be an increase in local traffic as a result of these closures / diversions.
- 01622 829034
Find Lenham Parish Council
Lisa Westcott, (Clerk to Lenham Parish Council), Lenham, Maidstone, Kent, ME17 2QD
For all comments, feedback, suggestions and enquiries in relation to the activities performed by the Lenham Parish Council, please contact the Parish Council Clerk, Mrs Lisa Westcott: email@example.com 01622 829034 (10am - 1pm Tuesday to Thursday) 1A High Street Lenham Kent ME17 2QD