Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Police & Crime

Kent Community Safety Partnership

PCSO John Boyd and KCC Community Warden Martin Sherwood are part of the Kent Community Safety Partnership, between Kent Police and Kent County Council. They can be contacted in the following ways:

PCSO John Boyd: Email:

KCC Community Warden Martin Sherwood: Tel: 07977 981 993 Email:

The partnership was formed to give rural communities the opportunity to work towards achieving the quality of life everyone expects with the help and support of John and Martin.
Between them you have the opportunity to voice your concerns about anything that affects your everyday life in the village. They will do their very best to achieve positive results. They will be pro-active in the village, but can only deal with issues that are brought to their attention. Any information given will be dealt with confidentially. Their work is dependant on this information.
They are also able to give advice on crime issues, crime prevention, council matters, anti-social behaviour etc.

For all types of suspicious activity please email PCSO John Boyd direct at:


101 The police non-emergency number

101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police - when it’s less urgent than a 999 call. 101 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 

When to call 101?  You should call 101 to report less urgent crime and disorder or to speak to your local officers.

For example, you should call 101 if:

  • your car has been stolen
  • your property has been damaged
  • you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

Or to:

  • report a minor traffic collision
  • give the police information about crime in your area
  • speak to the police about a general enquiry

All police non-emergency contact numbers are '101' no matter where you are in the country or which force is required.

Kent Police can also be contacted by Text

If you are unable to use a phone to speak or listen, this service provides access to the police, fire or ambulance services in Kent. This service does not require any setup or registration, so please add 60066 to your phone as a contact for easy access.

This service connects you directly to Kent Fire and Rescue Service control operators who will deal with your request for assistance by text.

·         Step 1: Start every text message with the service you require –

                       either Rescue for Kent Fire and Rescue, Police for Kent Police and Medic for an ambulance. 

·         Step 2: Leave a space and then write your message, including what and where the problem is. 

·         Step 3: Send the message to 60066. This goes straight to the emergency control centre. 

·         Step 4: They will reply with a message confirmation. They may ask more questions. 

The main Kent Police Facebook site is regularly updated with news and advice and allows the Police to answer your queries about policing in Kent. Please do not report a crime using this method.

The main Kent Police Twitter Page @kent_police is updated every day with news headlines and crime prevention advice.  It gives the Police the chance to answer your queries and pass on timely information. Your local site is

Country Eye

Promoting rural safety

Country Eye is a partnership between the rural community, Kent Police and Neighbourhood Watch.

The aim of the partnership is to help reduce crime and the fear of crime by involving all members of the community and protecting those who are most vulnerable. Membership is open to individuals, businesses or community organisations.

Country Eye is administered locally in each of the six Kent Police areas by the local Neighbourhood Watch liaison officers. They are supported by volunteers. Information is circulated daily to all
participating groups.

Joint working

The police cannot work in isolation. Country Eye promotes the sharing of information and the gathering of crime-related intelligence. This is achieved by using modern communication methods and the co-operation of Country Eye's many rural partners.

These include: 

  • landowners
  • parish councils
  • libraries 
  • schools
  • river and waterway organisations
  • horse watch
  • wildlife organisations
  • post offices
  • local businesses
  • rural churches


To find out more about Country Eye in your area contact your Volunteer Watch Liaison Officer 01622 604395

Download the new Country Eye App at  To read more about the App click the link: Country Eye Description.

Community Policing Volunteers Needed

Kent Police are looking for volunteers to play a new role in community policing. Could this be you?
As a Community Policing Volunteer (CPV) you’ll work closely with communities and businesses to promote community safety.  You'll also identify and support vulnerable people through local engagement and working with partner agencies.

Please follow the link for more information:

Maidstone and District Neighbourhood Watch Committee

Maidstone and District Neighbourhood Watch Committee are urgently seeking NhW members to join them on the committee. Can you help?  Whether its entering Updates/Information to their Web page, assisting on local NhW promotions, even taking on the role of Treasurer, there are a myriad of tasks and your help would be much appreciated.

You can help promoting the Neighbourhood Watch, you do not have to be a co-ordinator but have a desire to see Neighbourhood Watch develop and expand in Maidstone.

They usually meet on the last Wednesday of the month at Maidstone Police station 7pm

Just email, or telephone 07939149692 to say you would like to go along and they will make the necessary arrangements.

Nuisance Telephone Calls

There are several steps you can take to reduce these calls.

Firstly, you can join the Telephone Preference Service. This free service will enable you to record your preference not to receive unsolicited sales or marketing calls. If you click the link below it will take you to the TPS Website home page; here you can read more about this service and register.

TPS Website -

Some telephone providers such as BT and TalkTalk offer a Guardian service. This service monitors nuisance calls and automatically prevents them by sending them to a junk voicemail.

The BT version of this is called Call Protect and the TalkTalk version is called CallSafe. Other telephone providers may have something similar in place.

TalkTalk -

BT -

Inclusion of any website link does not imply endorsement or approval by Lenham Parish Council of the linked website, its operator or its content nor is Lenham Parish Council responsible for the content of any website or web page outside of the Lenham Parish Council Website.

Latest edition of the Kent Police Rural Matters magazine

Rural Matters 19 online.pdf File Uploaded: 8 September 2020 2.6 MB

Local Crime statistics - May 2020

Kent Police File Uploaded: 1 June 2020 478.2 KB