Loddon Vale Indoor Bowls Club
New format for Cusheon Trophy
For many years we have been running a competition for outdoor clubs called the Cusheon Trophy. Progressively over the last few years there has been a fall in entries.
Last year's final was attended by Laurie Cusheon's daughter who expressed her wishes for the competition to continue in memory of her father but stated that we should look at the format of the competition to encourage more outdoor clubs to participate.
When asked why they do not enter most outdoor clubs said that the main reason was not being able to get enough players to play.
Taking this into acount we have decided to change the format of the Cusheon Trophy this year in the hope that we may be able to increase the number of clubs that enter. This has resulted in three outdoor clubs rejoining the competition. We thank them for their interest.
Cusheon Trophy Rules for 2016 - 17 season
1. Teams to consist of 1 mixed rink of 4 players with at least 1 being a woman.
2. Teams to be drawn out into groups.
3. Teams to play each other team in their group.
4. Top two teams in each group will progress to the knockout competition for the Cusheon Trophy.
5. Teams that finish 3rd and 4th will progress to the Cusheon Plate competition.
6. Length of all matches to be 21 ends.
7. In the league stage 3 points to be awarded for a win and 1 point for a draw.
8. In the event of a tie at the end of the league stage, positions of teams on the same number of points will be decided by shot difference. If teams are tied on shot difference, the team with the least shots against will be assigned the higher position.
9. No player may play for more than one team. Any team found to have played an inelligible player will forfeit the match and points to their opponents with a score of 21 - 0.
2016 - 2017 entries and fixtures
There are 16 teams in the 2016 - 2017 Cusheon trophy. These are drawn into four groups. For details of the Groups and fixtures please click on 2016 - 17 draw and fixtures tab.
Finals at 18.30 on Saturday 25th March:
Cusheon Trophy: Basingstoke Rejects play Oakley A
In Final Oakley won 25 - 12
Cusheon Plate: Basingstoke Rebels play AWRE
In Final Basingstoke Rebels won 26 - 9