London Farmers' Markets
Sell With Us
We welcome farmers, nurseries, fishermen, bakers, preserve makers and cooks at our markets. If you grow it or make it using local ingredients we may have a place for you. We welcome conventional and organic production methods. Your sales staff must be involved in the business and be able to talk with knowledge about the products they are selling.
If you've never sold direct before we can help with free marketing advice and suggestions. If you have sold at farmers markets before and it didn't work out we suggest you give our markets a try, or come and visit our markets to see how we do things differently.
To ensure standards we visit all farms and businesses before they sell at our markets. We expect to see receipts for local ingredients and movement books for livestock. Seed and plant receipts will also be requested along with details of cold storage. See our rules to check that you meet our standards. If you do then email or phone us for an application form.
What will increase the chance of me getting a space?
Farmers / Growers: We look for heritage varieties and traditional breeds. Good stall presentation is key to good sales and we expect all stalls to look the part. Having more than one product will help your sales and make your stall more viable, so beef and lamb or if you currently just grow asparagus why not try planting some seasonal fruit to sell alongside it.
Bakers / Cooks: We require that you use seasonal and local ingredients in your products they must form at least 50 % of each product or dish. We would expect at least 10 different types of products on offer every week e.g. 10 different preserves or 10 different cakes.
What gaps do we have currently?
We need more:
- Dairy farmers producing cream and milk (cow and goat) especially unhomogenized and raw milk
- Dairy farmers producing cheese
- Beef and lamb farmers who can cut meat to order on site
- Top fruit and soft fruit growers, especially those with good storage to offer fruit for an extended season.
Application for secondary products (processed / baked foods) are now closed until later in 2015. Please keep an eye on the website here for more information where we will announce the opening date for applications. Please read our rules carefully before applying. Only products in the permitted category below need apply. If your products fall into the non-permitted category your application will be rejected so to avoid disappointment please do not apply. We get hundreds of applications each year for secondary products, very few make it on to our markets where we have very limited spaces for secondary products. If you are a new food business that has not started trading yet please contact us only when you have had some experience of selling at local sales etc. We will need to see proof of the origin of your ingredients.
Secondary Producer Permitted Categories
- Baked Goods- Breads, Cakes, Biscuits, Pies, pasta, pates, terrines, samosa, pakora, scotch eggs, dumplings.
- Preserves- Jams, chutneys, sauces, cordials, soups
- Puddings- Ice cream, custards, desserts
Secondary Producer Non permitted categories
- All ready to eat hot and cold food- including but not limited to, grilled or cooked meats, all prepared salads, crepes, dips, wraps, pizza, chocolates and confectionary
- All Ready meals – including but not limited to, shepherd’s pie, souvid meats, traiteur style food, casseroles, boil in the bag meals, stews
- Cured meats and fish
- Imported foods – olives, olive oil. Etc
‘ for the avoidance of doubt all products that may not fit in either list will be considered non permitted products, we do not permit secondary producers to grill meats on our markets’
There are always a large number of secondary producers and very little space for them on our markets, therefore we warn all applicants that the chances of success are low. Applications for secondary products are open for a limited time only each year. In order to be considered for the application process please can you provide all the following information:
If you think your products comply with our rules please e-mail with the following information:
- Your Full Name and Trading Name
- Your full business address and telephone number
- Your VAT number if applicable
- An outline and list of your products and where you currently sell them
- The name and address of the local authority where you are registered as a food business
We will then get back to you to let you know if we can progress your application to the next stage.