Lower Halstow Parish Council, on behalf of our wider community, extends our heartfelt condolences to King Charles III and to the Royal family. In marking the passing of Queen Elizabeth, we pay tribute to her truly exceptional life, one of devoted public service. Her achievements are recognised across the commonwealth, indeed throughout the world. In Lower Halstow, during the recent platinum jubilee, the community was able to celebrate Her Majesty's life and achievements. That time of reflection and celebration, highlighted the great affection in which The Queen was held. The death of Her Majesty marks the end of a 70-year era and we mourn her passing. However, the legacy of her remarkable reign will endure, as will her wisdom and our great affection for her.
Whereas it has pleased Almighty God to call to His Mercy our late Sovereign Lady Queen Elizabeth the Second of Blessed and Glorious Memory, by whose Decease the Crown of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is solely and rightfully come to The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George: We, therefore, the Lords Spiritual and Temporal of this Realm and Members of the House of Commons, together with other members of Her late Majesty’s Privy Council and representatives of the Realms and Territories, Aldermen and Citizens of London, and others, do now hereby with one voice and Consent of Tongue and Heart publish and proclaim that The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George is now, by the Death of our late Sovereign of Happy Memory, become our only lawful and rightful Liege Lord Charles the Third, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of His other Realms and Territories, King, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, to whom we do acknowledge all Faith and Obedience with humble Affection; beseeching God by whom Kings and Queens do reign to bless His Majesty with long and happy Years to reign over us.
Given at St. James’s Palace this tenth day of September in the year of Our Lord two thousand and twenty-two.
GOD SAVE THE KING
Lower Halstow Parish Council would like to welcome you to their website.
Evidence suggest that Lower Halstow was inhabited in the Roman times and possibly dating back to the Iron Age due to its natural resources of flints, clay and water.
Lower Halstow Church, St. Margaret, is dedicated to St. Margaret of Antioch – patron saint of women in childbirth and dates back to the 9th century. www.thesix.org.uk/lowerhalstow.htm
Beautiful views surround the village. This sunset from Lower Halstow creek is enjoyed by local people that are keen on water based leisure. There is an active yacht club near to the church in the South East corner of the creek. www.lhyc.org.uk
The village has one remaining public house known as the Three Tuns. The building itself was said to be built in 1468 and was issued an ale licence in 1764 as The Three Tuns.
Lower Halstow Parish Council meet in the Memorial Hall, School Lane at 7.00pm on the first Tuesday of the month with the exception of August, when there is no meeting. The public are welcome to attend.