Market Overton Bowls Club
MARKET OVERTON BOWLS CLUB
- The name of the Club shall be Market Overton Bowls Club.
- The objects of the Club are:
i] The provision of facilities for bowls to be played under the rules of Bowls England and for social activities and refreshments for the benefit of members
ii] The provision and maintenance of a Club house at Bowling Green Lane, Market Overton, Rutland
- Applications for membership are to be put in writing to the Secretary. Application forms to be available in the Clubhouse and from the Secretary.
- The Executive Officers of the Club shall be the President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Senior Vice President
- All Officers/Representatives will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting apart from the President and Senior Vice President who will be automatically succeeded by the current Senior Vice President and the Junior Vice President.
All must be full bowling members.
6.The General Committee shall be as follows: All Officers as in rule four plus Junior Vice President, Fixture Secretary, Bar Manager, Catering Manager, Club Captain [weekend], Captain [mid-week] and Green keeper. The Committee shall have the power at any time and from time to time to fill any casual vacancy among the Officers or Committee. Any Officer or member of the Committee shall hold office only until the next following Annual General Meeting.
7.A Committee meeting not to be considered quorate with less than 5 members present including Secretary and Treasurer
8. Any Officer/Representative of the Club who is not on the committee may be invited by the President to attend a specific committee meeting at which item[s] are to be discussed which come under their brief.
They may also be requested by the Secretary to submit a report on any meetings attended on behalf of Market Overton Bowls Club.
If attending a Committee Meeting the item[s][ to be discussed will be the first item[s] on the Agenda.
9. Trustees to attend meetings at their pleasure without voting rights unless holding another position on committee.
10.The decision of the Committee on all matters shall be final and binding at all times.
11. Complaints regarding the running of the Club or against any member shall be handed to the Secretary in writing and signed by the person submitting the complaint
12. The Committee will not be held responsible for the loss or damage to property not held on the inventory of the Club.
13. The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be no later than 30th November.
14. Fourteen days notice of the Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be given to members.
15. Proposals for the Agenda of the Annual General Meeting of the Club from fully paid up members shall be received by the Secretary proposed and seconded no later than seven days prior to the date of the Annual General Meeting.
16. The Secretary may call an Extraordinary General Meeting at the request of six or more full members in writing. Fourteen days notice of any EGM must be given to all members.
17. The financial year of the Club shall be November 1st to October 31st with the new years subscriptions payable from January 1st.
18. Finances of the Club shall be dealt with through a recognised High Street bank.
19. All monies raised on behalf of the Club shall be handed to the Treasurer who will keep a true record of all transactions.
20. All cheques shall be signed by any two from Trustees, Treasurer, Secretary or Bar Manager
21. The accounts of the Club shall be presented to members by the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting.
22. The annual subscription shall be determined each year by the General Committee and shall be paid before 1st April. No one may play for the Club unless they are a member except in exceptional circumstances
i]Full members – anyone over 18 years of age, by payment of full membership fee
Privileges: a] may participate in the game of bowls
b]vote at any meeting
c] hold office within the Club
d]invite guests into the Club
ii]Junior Members – Anyone between 12 and 18 years of age, by payment of the junior membership fee
Privileges: a] may participate in the game of bowls
iii]Associate Members – Anyone over the age of 18 years, by payment of associate membership fee.
Privileges: may vote on any matter not directly concerned with the game of bowls
24. Guests must be signed in. Anyone invited to the Club for sports fixtures shall be received as guests and must be signed in by a full member.
25. No person under the age of 18 shall be allowed to purchase or consume any intoxicating drinks on the premises of the Club
26. Children brought into the Club must be accompanied by a responsible adult and all must be kept under control at all times
27. Dogs will not be allowed in the Club, except for guide dogs.
*28. All disciplinary matters of Market Overton Bowls Club will be dealt with in accordance with Bowls England Regulation 9.
29.All competitions will be drawn at the published date and time. Opponents are mutually responsible for getting the match played before the closing date. If this is not achieved the Competition Secretary shall decide whether to eliminate one or both opponents. The decision is final. Where circumstances outside of the control of the players, e.g. unfit green etc. cause postponement the Competition Secretary can agree a delayed competition date.
30. The Green is considered closed every morning for maintenance. The decision of a Green keeper is necessary for morning play and his decision is final.
31. The Club has adopted the Safeguarding Policy of Bowls England
32. The Club has adopted the Equality Policy of Bowls England.
[*Rule 28 see : https://www.bowlsengland.com/uploads/R_R_February_2014_FINAL_Updated_260214.pdf]
Last update: AGM Friday 28th November 2014