Mawgan Farmers' Market
Who can trade at the Farmers' Market?
While the market is aimed primarily at bringing you the best of Cornish food and drink, other goods, such as crafts and goods linked to the food on sale may be available.
All the producers are local to the Lizard Peninsula. They are passionate about their products and work hard to ring the best of Cornish Seasonal produce to market. One of the advantages of buying direct from the producer is that they can discuss their produce with you, giving you all the information and advice you may need to allow you to make the right purchases.
Many of our producers have won awards at county and national levels for their products.
Below you can find information about most of our regular stall holders - although stalls can very from market to market and according to the season.
Our current stallholders include:
- Allet Dairy: A range of soft and hard goat's cheeses and meat from a herd of happy goats roaming the lush fields in mid Cornwall (01872 222 955).
- Chough Brewery: Cornish Chough Brewery produces four local beers using only the very best ingredients and water drawn via its own bore hole from between two seams of Serpentine rock. It is the quality of the water, the top quality ingredients used and the recipes developed over many years by Andy Hamer our Brewer that gives the beer its unique and consistently good flavour (01326 290908 / 670).
- Colroger Deli: A collection of Cornish produce, as well as the Sarah's own pies, cakes and preserves (01326 240833).
- Helford Creek: A wide range of fruit juices and cyders pressed on our farm using our own and local apples (01326 231341).
- Higher Merther Nursery: Higher Merther Nursery is a small nursery near Sithney set in our smallholding that enjoys picturesque views of Breage, Tregonning and Godolphin Hills. It is a working smallholding farm with livestock and arable production which has also diversified to become a successful local nursery. For nine years we have been specialising in alpines, perennials, herbs, shrubs, climbers, roses and patio and summer bedding plants. At our nursery you will find a wide selection of quality plants at reasonable prices (01326 562316).
- Hope's Bread: Hope's bread is baked in the leafy hamlet of Tregarne on the Lizard Peninsula. Delicious handmade and handshaped, award-winning artisan bread is baked (very!) early in the morning using the finest organic flour (01326 281097).
- Kelynack Fish: A huge range of locally and sustainably caught fresh fish and shellfish (01326 241373).
- L T J Growers: Seasonal fruit and vegetables (01736 333200).
- Pam's Plants: A selection of plants from a wide range of categories: bedding, perennials, alpines and succulents, shrubs, herbs, small plant and seedlings for the vegetable garden plus some growing bulbs, gifts and cut flowers in season (01326290396).
- Primrose Herd: A selection of pork and pork products (01209 821408).
- Sylvia's Bakery: We have been baking for people for the past 20 years, 11 of these on The Lizard. We started selling muffins from the front door and graduated to the huge range of delights still baked in our family kitchen. What's available will vary with the seasons, but ranges from quiches, nut roast and savoury soda breads, through scones, muffins, heavy cakes and flapjacks, to more traditional lemon drizzle, bakewell tarts, chocolate cakes, carrot cakes and sponges (01326 290298).
- The Chocolarder: The Chocolarder is an independent company based in Penryn, Cornwall. Created with the aim of producing original handmade chocolates with an eye to making the most of what Cornwall has to offer, I source all my dairy ingredients from local organic producers, and create flavour combinations inspired by local and seasonal availability wherever possible (01326 619812).
- Treveador Farm Dairy: Blue Horizon is a full fat, soft, creamy textured blue cheese with an edible, colourful rind. Pale cream with a varied blue vein, Blue Horizon has a 5 week shelf-life, but is often enjoyed by some the more mature it becomes. Helford White is a soft white cheese with a tangy flavour. Rind washed to create an apricot/pink edible rind. Helford White has a 5 week shelf-life, according to taste (01326 562977).