Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Cllr. Owen

Cllr Owen Cllr Owen

I’m a Sandwich lad born and bred, 75yrs old (October 2022). I have lived in Minster since 1982 with my wife Jenny, we have 2 children and 5 grandchildren. I was a Chatham Dockyard Apprentice, qualified Motor Transport Fitter, and have had a variety of employers including 5 years in the RAF. I finally ended up at British Bakeries as a Charge Hand Fitter and took additional training there as a Computer Technician.

I joined MPC as a Cllr in 1984 for 3 years but work commitments meant I didn't have time to do the position justice, I also did 2 years as Clerk to MPC in 2003/5.

I became Editor of Minster Matters in 2006 a position I held until December 2023 when it became necessary to close down the magazine through a lack of funding, I sit on the Community Choir (Village Voices) Committee where I'm affectionately known as Mr O, plus I monitor the village CCTV on behalf of the Parish Council.  I also have numerous other hobbies and interests including running 9 Kent based online ‘reuse’ (Freegle) groups (I previously sat on the Freegle UK Board), and I enjoy collecting diecast models (Matchbox, Dinky, Lledo etc). I am involved in all manner of other activities in and around Minster, including running the local online ‘Nextdoor’ neighbourhood site, I'm also a vice president of the Minster Show and a founding member of the village flag flying team.

I ran in Ramsgate with the Olympic torch in 2012 thanks to residents of Minster who nominated me.

I became a Parish Councillor for the second time in 2017 to try to help improve our village and the lives of our residents.

Cllr Owen

Committees: Operations : Communications

Tel: 07914 623 287

If you wish to contact Cllr. Owen please complete the relevant boxes below:

If you have any documentation you wish to send with this message. please attach it here: