Nettlestone & Seaview Parish Council
The Gardening Group are responsible for planting and attending the containers around Nettlestone and Seaview Parish.
Working party volunteer is Jan Collins (a qualified gardener).
Jan was involved initially to look after the 31 containers around Nettlestone and Seaview. This is funded by Wight in Bloom who contribute credits to Ryde House Nursery for plants and the Partnership funds, any remainder required through events held throughout the year.
This summer the containers will be entered the Wight in Bloom competition.
We hope to be bulb planting in Autumn 2010, initially along the newly fenced bank at the bottom of Nettlestone Hill and in other areas as funds allow in following years.
We have a plant stall at the Seaview May Fayre (3rd May 2010) where we sell locally raised/propagated plants which helps to raise funds for the following years plants/compost/fertiliser.
If you would like to get involved by:
- volunteering for watering and deadheading of the containers through the summer months
- donating plants you have raised/propagated for sale at the Fayre
- helping with planting of the containers
- helping with the autumn bulb planting
- or to enter your garden into the Wight in Bloom competition this summer, please contact Jan on 01983 611632 or email for any further information.