Overton Biodiversity Society
- The society will be known as the Overton Biodiversity Society.
- Membership of the society is open to anyone who supports the aims of the society and who pays an annual subscription.
- The aims and objectives of the society are listed at Annex 1 and will be pursued through the widespread involvement of the local community.
- The Management Committee will comprise a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 20 persons.
- The Management Committee will be appointed at the Annual General meeting in March, or as soon as possible thereafter.
- If fewer than 5 persons are prepared to serve on the Committee, and the situation persists for more than a year, the society shall be disbanded.
- If more than 20 persons volunteer to serve on the Committee, elections would be held amongst members of the society.
- The Committee's office holders (Chair, Secretary, Treasurer) will be appointed at the AGM in March by election by the members of the society.
- The society may be disbanded by a formal vote of the membership of the society.
- In the event that the society is disbanded, any assets will be transferred to Overton parish council for biodiversity projects.
- The Management Committee shall meet at least quarterly.
- The constitution may be amended following a simple majority vote by the membership at an extraordinary AGM, preceded by two weeks notice to the membership, or at the AGM.
- All voting will be by a simple majority.