Sapley Lane Playing Field
Sapley Lane Playing Field is situated at the southern end of the village and is accessed by foot from Sapley Lane. There is a small car park. The recreation ground was purchased by Overton Parish Council from Portals Property Ltd in 2002 and was originally used as a football field but although there are still goal posts, it is now only used for a casual kick around.
In May 2003, a skateboard park and basketball post was installed at the southern end of the playing field. For the safe use of the park, the following rules should be observed:
- All persons use this facility at their own risk.
- This facility should be used for its intended purpose only.
- Appropriate protective clothing must be worn at all times.
- Do not use in wet conditions
- In the interests of safety, keep dogs, glass and alcohol out of the area
- Keep it clean – BIN IT
- Give respect to park users – skate one at a time – let everyone have a go.
This park is inspected for safety on a regular basis. The nearest public phone box is in Charledown Road; in the event of an emergency dial 999. The address is Sapley Lane Playing Field, Overton, Basingstoke, RG25 3DN. Overton Parish Council and its employees cannot accept responsibility or liability for any claim, loss or damage whatsoever which may arise as a result of using this facility, except so far as provided by statute.
For enquiries or to report defects please use our Feedback form
The field is used by a number of dog walkers who are asked to keep their dogs on a lead and to pick up after their dogs. There are bins at the entrances to the playing field.