Pendeen Farmers' Market
Our current stallholders include:
- A Thyme 4 Food: I sell a selection of cakes, pastries, sweet and savoury biscuits, savouries and salads – depending on the market (07929 741 303).
- Ant-Em's: We began making and selling our pies in 1999. They are made to our own recipes using vegetables, meat, poultry and game; of course, there are also vegetarian options. We invent and change our recipes all the time (07766 370 197).
- Bissoe Plant Nursery: We started a small cottage nursery three years ago and concentrate on farmers’ and produce markets and small independent outlets (01872 865095).
- Bosavern Community Farm: We grow vegetables, herbs and salad leaves for sale all your round at the farmers’ markets, at the farm gate and through our veg box scheme. We also have our own free-range chickens whose eggs are really popular. In the autumn, we rear turkeys for Christmas. We also sell hay from the farm for those with horses and other animals (01736 788 454).
- Bosparva Lane Bakery: We are a small bakery based in Leedstown who cater for farmers markets all over Cornwall and to a range of local businesses. We make homemade breads, cakes, pastries, sweets and much more including a range of Gluten-Free products (07837 904771).
- Chypraze Farm: We farm near Pendeen, above Portheras Cove and below Morvah, and we raise our own free-range pigs and beef. From our rare-breed Saddlebacks we sell fresh pork, bacon gammon and sausages (01736 788 312).
- Collier's Cornish Cheeses: We sell a variety handmade goat and cow’s milk cheese. Yogurt is now being developed and milk can be ordered for delivery to the market (07713 051 314).
- Cornish Chicken: We produce slow growing free-range chicken, and rear them in small flocks, with plenty of space. They are fed an additive free diet, supplemented by the grass herbs and bugs they naturally forage. As a result our Chicken tastes the way it used to taste – succulent and full of flavour, with a firm texture (01736 785601).
- Cornish Chough Hampers: (01736 711238).
- Cornish Pork Pantry: We raise rare breed Welsh and Saddleback pigs which are slaughtered locally. The carcases are returned to us for butchering. We specialise in gluten-free fine pork products and charcuterie and also offer great roasting joints in a variety of cuts. All our sausages are handmade with natural ingredients; we make all our own sweet, dry-cured bacon, hog’s pudding, pork pies, sausage rolls, Scotch eggs and terrines. We also sell our home-bred suckler beef, lamb and mutton and can also offer free-range chickens plus a variety of game in season (07522 199 440).
- Green & Red:We specialisie in food that looks good, tastes good and does you good – e.g. wholegrain salads from the Middle East, hummus, cauliflower with saffron. These are just some of the dishes you will find on the stall every week. We also cater for lunches. We source all our fresh ingredients from local suppliers (07917 251 228).
- Heather Farm Crafts: Using wool from our flock of Exmoor Horn Sheep we produce warm, woolly and quirky toys, sheep skin rugs, peg-loom rugs, garments and household items, all handcrafted (01736 787 997).
- Kyfyth Kernow: make a wide variety of jams, marmalades, chutneys, mustards and Christmas specials such as mincemeat with brandy. For detailed information, see the website. Orders taken from B&Bs and holiday let welcome packs (01209 716 391).
- Mr Cheese: (07709 600 252).
- Puddleduck Pantry: Based in Penzance, I make cakes, confectionery and quiches using fresh, quality ingredients including eggs from our own chickens and ducks. Celebration cakes made to order (07951 556 622).
- Rosewarne Apiary: Steve and I have been keeping bees for about five years. We did a beekeeping course before we committed ourselves to getting a hive. We were only ever going to have two hives but have gradually built up to twenty hives on three sites in Cornwall. Our queens are a strain of Buckfast bee – very mild, calm and productive. The bees have led us to develop lots of different skills – making candles, soap, fudge – which has been very stimulating. The most important thing for us is to make sure that our bees have all they need to keep them going – and for local pollination (01209 718 602).
- Sophie's Touch: Born in the Alps and brought up in the south of France and on Réunion, the French island, I have lived in Cornwall for many years now. You will find on my stall home-made goodies that I prepare myself following un savoir-faire passed down from generation to generation within my family on both sides: marinated, delicious marinated feta and creamy goat cheeses. I also make cured lemons, flavoured vinegars and infused olive oil. My distinctive fruit jams and syrups are very popular and can form the basis of wonderful desserts (01736 360 100).
- Sweet Moments: Event catering; bespoke wedding cakes (decorated with fresh flowers) (01736 811 061).