Poringland Farmers Market
Stallholders for October
We will be into October already by the time the next Poringland market takes place. The nights are starting to draw in already and the clocks go back at the end of the month. So make the most of the wonderful autumn days and come along to the market, where you will be sure to find something delicious on offer to cheer your soul.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday 4th October 9.30am – 1pm.
This coming market sees the return of Jodi and BitterSweet Curious Coffee back to the market. After having some time off to have her baby and to get used to being a Mummy she is now back. BitterSweet Curious Coffee has had a face lift, with lovely new branding and lots more yummy treats. Selling tasty chocolate bars with a difference, decadent jars of hot chocolate to make at home and wonderful handcrafted woodwork for the home. Everything Jodi makes is handmade and locally sourced. Please welcome her back and don't miss out on her treats with a twist.
Now that Homebird Bakes have given up doing markets we do not have any one stall dedicated to just savouries. However, you can find wonderful savouries as well as sweet items at all of the following stalls: Elizabeth Howard’s Pastries do Quiches and Savoury Flans, For Goodness Cake do Sausage Rolls and JayB Bakes do Cheese Scones, Cheese Straws and Pies. I tried one of Caroline’s egg and bacon pies last week and I must say I was very impressed. So have a look round and see what is on offer.
At this time of year we start looking towards eating comfort food. The sort of food that warms the cockles of your heart. Why not try a wonderful winter warmer Irish Hot Pot. Beef can be purchased from Buckenham Farms or D J Barnards and the vegetables from Norfolk Veg Box at the market.
The winner of the FREE Prize Draw Raffle, on 20th September was Roger Smith of Bramerton. He won the now famous basket of goods, full of delicious items kindly donated by our stallholders. We like to see our regular visitors win! See Roger’s and the previous winners’ pictures on the Poringland Farmers’ market website at www.poringlandfarmersmarket.co.uk All you need to do to be entered into draw is present you loyalty card at the desk when you arrive.
Here’s our great line up of stalls for this week:
- BitterSweet Curious Coffee: Finest Hand Made Chocolate & Chocolate Bars
- Brooke Greetings: Handmade cards for all
- Buckenham Farms: Home produced Lamb, Aberdeen Angus Beef and GOS Pork
- Candi's Chutney: Tasty and very original award winning homemade Chutneys
- D. J. Barnard: Quality Fresh, Local Free Range Meat
- East Norfolk Trading: Fabulous, thirst quenching Local Cider & Apple Juice
- Fred Cowles: Hand painted, stain glass type window decorations
- Elizabeth Howard's Pastries: Delicious Quiches and Sweet & Savoury Tarts
- For Goodness Cake: Super range of Cakes, including Gluten free & Savouries
- George's Gorgeous Gardens: Lovely selection of good quality Plants – advice given free
- Homecooked4You: Excellent, tasty prepared dishes, ready for your freezer
- JayB Bakes: Finest selection of Sweet & Savoury home baked goods
- Just Cheese: Great selection of well-kept Cheese
- My Baby Sew: Specialist range of Cupcakes & Celebration Cakes
- Norfolk Veg Box: Great range of fresh, local Fruit and Vegetables
- Phoenix Trading: Beautiful greeting cards for all occasions and more
- Seasons' Bounty: Mouth-watering award winning Jams & Marmalade
- Tudor Bakehouse: Wonderful freshly baked Bread, Rolls & more
- Usborne Books: Lovely value for money Children’s books
- Wayland Eggs: Farm fresh, Free Range Eggs
- Wildlife & Domestic: Feeds for every variety of Bird & pet products